COMPLETE SOLO [17th- and 18th-Century Women's Writing in Verse]-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

thowe wrote: March 26th, 2018, 8:24 am Hello, all--sorry for taking so long to reply here. I am doing the project again with new students, and the edits are being made to the earlier poems as requested by the PL. However, I do have one question--the long poem by Behn, "The Disappointment." This is an interesting case, as the poem that was read was the original 1680 poem by Behn, long ascribed to Rochester and even published in a collection of his poetry. I've found a better public domain copy of the poem, here: https://rpo.library.utoronto.ca/poems/disappointment --it explains the content, as well. Will this work for a good PD version? Or should I scrap the reading entirely (the student is no longer available to re-record the specific parts). If the new PD link works, I can update the magic box.

More soon! THANKS for your patience and your help!

Tonya
Tonya,

You can have someone record the poem from this source, but not the notes. I mean, they can read the notes to understand the poem, but they can't record the notes as part of their reading because the notes appear to be subject to copyright.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

It's been 2 years since anyone has worked on this project, so I'm going to go ahead and put it in the catalog.

I have fixed MrsHand's PL notes, and confirmed that the source is ok for the Behn poem.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

"To the ladies" by Cudleigh was deleted as the submitted file is not on the LV uploader at this point.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

"To the ladies" by Chudleigh was deleted as the submitted file is not on the LV uploader at this point.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/17th-and-18th-century-poems-by-women/