[SOLO] Doodles: the sunshine boy by Emma C. Dowd-mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Post Reply
TribalElder
Posts: 72
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by TribalElder » November 3rd, 2018, 1:13 pm

Hi aniroo.

I thought I'd put 5 seconds in at the end. I'll go back and redo it :)

Thanks
J :)
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/

TribalElder
Posts: 72
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by TribalElder » November 3rd, 2018, 2:07 pm

Sorry aniroo - I'm going to ask you to hold off on the PL of Chapter 11. While playing it back just now after redoing the silence, it's come to my attention that the project is corrupted and as a result, parts of the audio are missing :evil: . I'll sit down tomorrow and re-record it. Many thanks for your patience :)
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/

aniroo
Posts: 1061
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » November 3rd, 2018, 5:40 pm

TribalElder wrote:
November 3rd, 2018, 2:07 pm
Sorry aniroo - I'm going to ask you to hold off on the PL of Chapter 11. While playing it back just now after redoing the silence, it's come to my attention that the project is corrupted and as a result, parts of the audio are missing :evil: . I'll sit down tomorrow and re-record it. Many thanks for your patience :)
Not a problem, it's a pleasure. :D
aniroo :wink:

TribalElder
Posts: 72
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by TribalElder » December 9th, 2018, 1:55 pm

Hi Aniroo :)

Chapter 11 has (finally) been re-recorded and is now ready for PL. I don't know why, but I have had heck and all trouble recording this again, for some reason when I get to the part where I was singing, towards the end of the chapter, I was corpsing and winding up swearing like a sailor. Thankfully I've not kept a bloopers reel!

Take care,

J.
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/

aniroo
Posts: 1061
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » December 9th, 2018, 9:51 pm

What! No bloopers reel ! Maybe they should have a private project just for everyone's favorite Bloopers?


Any way, it's not a blooper, but Section 11 came through as a stereo file instead of mono. Easy fix, then re load it into the window and I can OK it with pleasure. I love to hear Doodles sing. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:

TribalElder
Posts: 72
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by TribalElder » December 10th, 2018, 1:57 am

I know what the problem is. I keep setting my headset to 2 channel in Audacity, instead of 1 channel. As soon as I start recording, it automagically opens a stereo track. My fault! However, it's now fixed and the file has been re-uploaded. That's twice I've done this!!! :oops: Thanks!

J.
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/

aniroo
Posts: 1061
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » December 10th, 2018, 7:30 am

TribalElder wrote:
December 10th, 2018, 1:57 am
I know what the problem is. I keep setting my headset to 2 channel in Audacity, instead of 1 channel. As soon as I start recording, it automagically opens a stereo track. My fault! However, it's now fixed and the file has been re-uploaded. That's twice I've done this!!! :oops: Thanks!

J.
Fixed it! Section 11 PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs:
aniroo :wink:

TribalElder
Posts: 72
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by TribalElder » January 18th, 2019, 3:18 pm

Hi again! Just a quick note to let you know that Chapter 12 is up and ready for PL - this one is very, VERY short at barely 4:45, but that means it was much easier to do :D

Enjoy!

J
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/

aniroo
Posts: 1061
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » January 18th, 2019, 3:36 pm

TribalElder wrote:
January 18th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Hi again! Just a quick note to let you know that Chapter 12 is up and ready for PL - this one is very, VERY short at barely 4:45, but that means it was much easier to do :D

Enjoy!

J
Section 12 is PL OK :clap: :clap:

Good to hear from you again. Looks like you're closing in on the half way mark !

aniroo
aniroo :wink:

TribalElder
Posts: 72
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by TribalElder » January 18th, 2019, 3:52 pm

YAY! :mrgreen: Only another 15 to do... and I haven't even previewed any of those yet! Time to dl the PDF onto my cellphone and have a read through.
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/

TribalElder
Posts: 72
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by TribalElder » February 4th, 2019, 4:09 pm

Hi again.

Just wanted to let you know a couple of things:

I have uploaded Parts 1 & 8 again, as when I checked them through with my copy of VLC, I realised they were not grouping as an album in my playlist. I subsequently realised that the IDv3 tags which should have been on the file were not fully present, and VLC didn't realise they were one entire album. This has now been rectified.

Also, for checking, part 13 is now available in the MW. I am having severe difficulty with the Magic Window and BC Administration - I've reset my password several times because the way it should be, my forum password and BC admin password *should* be the same, because I have a memory like Swiss cheese, no longer works. It will not allow me to have the same password for both.

I don't know if yourself or MaryAnn could look at this for me please, since it's starting to get silly having to reset my workflow password very nearly every time I want to admin the MW.

Many thanks, part 14 on the way.

J :)
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/

aniroo
Posts: 1061
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » February 5th, 2019, 12:54 pm

TribalElder wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 4:09 pm
Hi again.

Just wanted to let you know a couple of things:

I have uploaded Parts 1 & 8 again, as when I checked them through with my copy of VLC, I realised they were not grouping as an album in my playlist. I subsequently realised that the IDv3 tags which should have been on the file were not fully present, and VLC didn't realise they were one entire album. This has now been rectified.

Also, for checking, part 13 is now available in the MW. I am having severe difficulty with the Magic Window and BC Administration - I've reset my password several times because the way it should be, my forum password and BC admin password *should* be the same, because I have a memory like Swiss cheese, no longer works. It will not allow me to have the same password for both.

I don't know if yourself or MaryAnn could look at this for me please, since it's starting to get silly having to reset my workflow password very nearly every time I want to admin the MW.

Many thanks, part 14 on the way.

J :)


Section #13 PL OK :clap: :clap:

Doodles has his fiddle !! I've got a nephew who is great on the fiddle. https://geoffreypaultaylor1.bandcamp.com/track/coquette you can listen to him here.


Sorry, I can't be of any help with passwords or tags.. I'm not an admin, just a DPL.


aniroo
aniroo :wink:

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 15277
Joined: February 23rd, 2009, 4:37 pm
Location: Chicago, IL

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » February 5th, 2019, 7:14 pm

J,
Don't worry about the ID3 tags, our software adds them during cataloging.

As to passwords, I get what you are saying about memory like swiss cheese and keeping the same password on both systems.

That said, they are totally separate systems. If you want your passwords to be the same, you have to change them on both the MW and the forum systems. There is no reason why they can't be the same for both, unless there is some restriction on re-using a password that you have already used on that system.

MaryAnn

TribalElder
Posts: 72
Joined: October 10th, 2012, 2:34 pm
Location: Cambridge, England

Post by TribalElder » February 9th, 2019, 3:37 pm

Thanks for the information, MaryAnn. I'll set it so I change both of my passwords, forum and BC admin at the same time, and change them both to something entirely new so the system doesn't have any problems with me doing so.

On an altogether different note, part 14 of the story is now up and ready for PL in the magic window. I'm just about to move on to part 15 and have that up tonight as well.

Take care, and thank you for keeping in touch :)

J.

Edit - Just to let you know, part 15 is now also up and in the MW ready for a checkup. Hopefully all is well, but as usual, if anything is amiss, please don't hesitate to let me know :)
Last edited by TribalElder on February 9th, 2019, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/

aniroo
Posts: 1061
Joined: June 5th, 2017, 5:51 am
Location: Montana, USA

Post by aniroo » February 9th, 2019, 4:53 pm

Section #14 PL Grand <OK> :clap: :thumbs:


I love the subtle way your voice changes for different characters. :D

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:

Post Reply