Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 9, PL OK :clap:
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Thanks! Just to let you know I'm still here, a little weaker than before but trying to keep myself rolling. Going to be a bit of a delay before part 10, had to set about re-recording it as my saved file was corrupt. See ya soon.
"This is our hope for all that's mortal, and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal, but 'tis life that dwells beyond."
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
https://librivox.org/tom-browns-school-days-by-thomas-hughes/
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Thanks for letting me know you're ok. Sad about the bad file. I'm not going anywhere. Whenever you feel up to recording. I'm ready to listen. :thumbs:

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Hello again from the land of the living. And boy, am I living :)

I'd like to start by thanking you for being so patient with me over the last couple of months. I've now had my surgery, I'm down to one Kidney and I've also had a small portion of my liver removed. I am having Chemotherapy as an ongoing thing, which is likely to proceed for another couple of months at least.

Besides that, things are looking better. Aside from the fact that I'm losing weight (and I could stand to lose a fair bit), I'm now absolutely bald! I don't mind with it being summer - hair is one thing I'm quite happy to do without.

Anyway, back to the business of reading. I'm going to be re-recording chapter 10 (the one I mentioned which was corrupt) over the next week or so, depending on how I feel and I'll have it up as soon as it's ready to go.

Once again, thank you. I was going to say, I'll finish this if it kills me, and then thought better of it :) I have to laugh sometimes, cause frankly it's the only thing that makes me want to get out of bed!

Take care,

J.

This our hope for all that's mortal,
and we too shall burst the bond.
Death keeps watch beside the portal,
but t'is life that dwells beyond.

John Stirling

In memory of Icyjumbo.
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Glad to hear your surgery went well. Not sure I could remain as positive as you seem. Be sure to wear a hat on the bald head, it'll sunburn easily now. I look forward to hearing the next section.. missed the sound of your voice.

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Thought I'd just poke my head in and let you know I'm still alive. Things have taken a downturn as I've not been responding well to medication and had several infections. I think I better get a shift on with this project now, as to be honest with you, I'm not entirely sure how much longer I will have to complete it. :| I'll be in touch soon.
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Hmm. No words to respond to that. So disappointing to hear.

It's a tough walk, hang in there and whatever you feel like doing here is fine. We're here to give you whatever support we can.

MaryAnn
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I'm so sad to hear this. Hope things turn around for you. :D

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Yippety yip yip yeehah! I am alive, I am fit and blow me, I feel like a million dollars!

I am now much better after 8 weeks in hospital. The infections are gone, the pain is gone, and the only thing that hasn't gone is my enthusiasm. Chapter 10 of Doodles is now up and ready for PL.

Guys, it's good to be back :D
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

TribalElder wrote: October 30th, 2018, 2:28 pm Yippety yip yip yeehah! I am alive, I am fit and blow me, I feel like a million dollars!

I am now much better after 8 weeks in hospital. The infections are gone, the pain is gone, and the only thing that hasn't gone is my enthusiasm. Chapter 10 of Doodles is now up and ready for PL.

Guys, it's good to be back :D
WOW, great to hear from you. I will listen tonight !

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #10 is lovely to listen to. I love the way the tone of your voice changes with the different characters. :thumbs:
There's one little change that needs to be made though. The file is in stereo and it needs to be in mono. If you open the file in Audacity, then select from the top left corner FILE>Export>ExportMp3, then near the bottom of that dialogue box, check the box that says Force Export to MONO, that should work, it did for me.

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

aniroo wrote: October 30th, 2018, 3:41 pm Section #10 is lovely to listen to. I love the way the tone of your voice changes with the different characters. :thumbs:
There's one little change that needs to be made though. The file is in stereo and it needs to be in mono. If you open the file in Audacity, then select from the top left corner FILE>Export>ExportMp3, then near the bottom of that dialogue box, check the box that says Force Export to MONO, that should work, it did for me.

aniroo
Oops. My bad! I've changed PC since I did my last lot of recording, and forgot to reset Audacity with the previous setup. I've re-exported it now, and it'll be uploaded shortly! Thanks for the kind words too! If you listen to the first chapter, you'll hear me singing! Then again, maybe that's something you might want to *cough* avoid... :mrgreen:

Hopefully there'll be a few more bits for you to listen to across the next few days. While I feel this good, I wanna get the rest done asap :)

Be happy!
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

TribalElder wrote: October 30th, 2018, 5:08 pm
aniroo wrote: October 30th, 2018, 3:41 pm Section #10 is lovely to listen to. I love the way the tone of your voice changes with the different characters. :thumbs:

aniroo
Oops. My bad! I've changed PC since I did my last lot of recording, and forgot to reset Audacity with the previous setup. I've re-exported it now, and it'll be uploaded shortly! Thanks for the kind words too! If you listen to the first chapter, you'll hear me singing! Then again, maybe that's something you might want to *cough* avoid... :mrgreen:

Hopefully there'll be a few more bits for you to listen to across the next few days. While I feel this good, I wanna get the rest done asap :)

Be happy!
I listened to section 1. Outstanding. Not too many people can sing so well in character, not even in Hollywood musicals.

aniroo
TribalElder

Post by TribalElder »

Hi again!

Just to let you know I've been busy since the other day - I've managed to record chapter 11 too, but only just getting round to uploading it (when my ISP wants to play ball). It's now available in the MW. Also, I've reuploaded chapter 10 and set that back to ready for PL after your notes about the whole stereo / mono doodad.

I'll be catching up tomorrow and sunday, hopefully getting 12 and 13 done too.

Be cool :) :9:

J
-John Stirling

Icyjumbo, 1964-2010
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #11 was lovely to hear and the hymn brought me to tears, remembering my own favorite hymns, but there is just a technical issue again. At the beginning of section there should be between .5 and 1 second of silence and at the end 5 seconds. Both ends of the section were a little short on silence. Did you know that you can generate silence?

Looking forward to hearing the rest. :D

aniroo