COMPLETE- La Dama de las Camelias A Dumas-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow chapter 7 was a long one. But well done, and no errors at all. PL ok as well.

I think I have time for one more...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hahaha :lol: chapter 8 was so entertaining. I totally liked the voice you put on for the modista, especially the dirty little chuckle at some points. :thumbs: You made the dialogue in this chapter very lively. Fabulous. I hope she has a bigger role and will appear again in other chapters. :mrgreen:

PL ok again. You’re making my job easy here. Thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and I got another chapter checked for today :) again, flawlessly read. I was wondering, the notes that you are singing here, when Margarita is singing re - do - fa etc at the piano, is that the correct tune ? Do you read music ? It sounded beautiful :)

Chapter 9 PL ok

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

I have only one small technical note for Chapter 10:

> 19:07-19:41 is not really very loud. I know it’s because Margarita is whispering all this, but I think the way you speak, people notice that she is whispering, even if you make the recording a bit louder, so it’s a bit easier to understand without changing the volume. The parts in between where Armando speaks are good.

For the moment I mark it PL notes, but you can listen to it again, and think about it

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and chapter 11 and then I need a break:

ah the wonderful Prudencia is showing up more often LOL I love her speaking. :thumbs:

same note here, regarding the volume:

> 14:00-15:00: also here, the entire dialogue spoken outside by Margarita and N. is very difficult to understand without raising the volume :( maybe consider making it a bit louder ?

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Thanks Sonia, I managed to adjust the volume in those 2 last audios, I hear them with headphones and maybe that's why i dont notice sometimes if the volume is too low. And although i dont know nothing of music I tried to play that notes in a piano and recorded what i could. Almost half is done!!!! Great!!
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:I hear them with headphones and maybe that's why i dont notice sometimes if the volume is too low.
I also listened with headphones and I really had trouble hearing these parts. Also if you check the lines in Audacity, you will notice a considerable difference in the height of the peaks. That's also an indicator it's not loud enough.

Well: Chapter 10 is really good now and PL ok.
But I wonder if you have reuploaded Chapter 11, I still hear it very indistinctly. :hmm:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

chapter 12 has been checked and is PL ok. Now their relationship seems to really start. And the boisterous Prudencia is still showing up sometimes :lol: I really love her speech. :thumbs:

Well done again, Victor

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaand Chapter 13 is also PL ok. You're making it easy here, Victor :D

but enough for today...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oooh the letter in chapter 14 is quite nasty :evil: on the other I can understand him a bit, Margarita really seems to be playing only with him.

I found only one part of a sentence repeated, which could be cut out:

> at 8:26: (p. 138 bottom) - "de este modo....[etc]" is repeated

the rest perfect :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah I see chapter 11 has been reuploaded and yes the volume is definitely better now. Thanks. Also PL ok.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 15 PL ok. Margarita is quite manipulative in this chapter, I don't think I like her character too much, to be honest. The ending is excellent: No parte ! LOL the poor servant is probably angry that he has to unpack everything again. :mrgreen:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 16 was long again :shock: but excellently done without any errors. :thumbs: PL ok again. I think the Duke will soon find out about this relationship and he will not be happy :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Aha, the duke has found all out and is dumping Margarita. Just like I expected :lol:

In Chapter 17 I found again a few lines which could be made a bit louder:

> at 10:53-11:47: Margarita is speaking a bit too softly here again. Maybe amplify a bit

And that leaves us only 10 more sections...countdown 8-)

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Thx Sonia, I´m glad that you like the story, i was in a doubt about reading it because it could sound oldfashioned thess days, then i remembered that all the text we read here are from 19th century LOL I fixed chapter 17, will mend the others soon. Thanks
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them