COMPLETE The Wizard of OZ by L Frank Baum - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
LynStanley

Post by LynStanley »

The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum (1856 - 1919).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-wonderful-wizard-of-oz-version-7-by-l-frank-baum/

"The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" was written solely to pleasure children of today. It aspires to being a modernized fairy tale, in which the wonderment and joy are retained and the heart-aches and nightmares are left out. ( L. Frank Baum)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/43936/43936-h/43936-h.htm
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum. [Chapter number, title]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter number, title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter number]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, by L. Frank Baum. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  4. Example filename wizardofoz_##_baum_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. wizardofoz_01_baum_128kb.mp3)
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Lyn,

Happy to MC this for you. I'll get you set up and be back with some further instructions.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK Lyn, Your MW is set up.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!)

For a solo project, you are the Book Coordinator. That means you fill out the Magic Window and post your links and times in the window when you upload your files. You'll need to start by entering section (or chapter) titles. I've put in the first couple to get you started.

Please be sure to read all of the BC How To document, as that will give you more information on your role as a BC.

If you have questions, or if you have any trouble with the instructions in the BC how to, please post and we'll work through it together. There is a bit of a learning curve when you do your first solo. You've picked a nice size book - not too long and something that you are interested in, so it should be a manageable and enjoyable process for you.

MaryAnn
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Would enjoy being dpl.
DaveC
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Dave. I've added you to the MW.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Moving to going solo and will pm reader about location of thread.

MaryAnn
LynStanley

Post by LynStanley »

I have uploaded the first 2 chapters.. :lol: Let me know if there are any problems.
Chapter 1 WWO - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/wonderfulwizardofoz_01_baum.mp3 08m:05sec
Chapter 2 WWO - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/wonderfulwizardofoz_02_baum.mp3 11m:31sec
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Section 0
end of chapter statement missing
Section 1 PL OK.

These files should have 0 and 1 in their file names not 1 and 2. The number in the file name is the section number not the chapter number. I'll let MA decide how to handle this.

Nice reads.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Lyn,

You can keep the numbers you have going and I can change them at the end .. . or you can change the names of these two files and upload them again.

Only thing is, you can't upload two different sections with the same name . . . so as long as we avoid that, you can leave as is or rename.

MaryAnn
LynStanley

Post by LynStanley »

Hi Mary Ann. Sorry about that. I am reloading the first chapter (with the missing tail-end) as wonderfulwizardofoz_00a_baum, then the next chapter 3 will be wonderfulwizardofoz_02a_baum.
Then the 4th chapter will be correct as wonderfulwizardofoz_03_baum. Is that OK? :oops:
LynStanley

Post by LynStanley »

craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

ch 1, 3 PL OK.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Lyn,

Sorry for the confusion on my side.

It looks (and sounds) like you have combined the introduction and chapter 1 into a single file. That is perfectly fine to do, because the intro is so short. But in that case, we should start section numbering at "1" , not "0". Otherwise we have the problem you have just run into, where chapter 3 is section 2.

I will change the way the MW looks, so it starts with 1 not 0.

That means the original file names, with 01 and 02, were correct.

I think it is easiest if you upload "new" corrected files, using the 01 and 02 numbers in the filenames. No need to put an "a" after them. When you upload the corrected file, it will replace the previous file with that name. The previous file is automatically renamed, so it is not lost.

Then chapter 4 will be wonderfulwizardofoz_04_baum_128kb.mp3

Dave - I'd appreciate it if you could be sure to listen from the links in the MW to make sure they are pointing to the corrected file.

We'll get straightened out and on a smooth road very soon here!

MaryAnn
LynStanley

Post by LynStanley »

Lol Mary Ann / Dave, comedy of errors. Anyhoo.. I'll re-upload all as previously numbered, then go on to record Chapter 4. :lol:
LynStanley

Post by LynStanley »