LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 22nd, 2017, 3:03 am

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post Posted:: August 15th, 2017, 9:01 pm 

Chapter 2 ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/aliceaupays_02_carroll_128kb.mp3

Duration 17:24
:D

Good morning, Sonia!
8-)

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2017, 1:48 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:

good morning Linda and thanks for the next chapter. Very well read, yet again, and I only found one single pronunciation error:

> at 11:07: "elle entendit patauger dans la mare" - you say "patauguer", but it's a /j/ sound, like in "partager"

the rest is perfect

Sonia

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2017, 8:51 am 

Kitty wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:

good morning Linda and thanks for the next chapter. Very well read, yet again, and I only found one single pronunciation error:

> at 11:07: "elle entendit patauger dans la mare" - you say "patauguer", but it's a /j/ sound, like in "partager"

the rest is perfect

Sonia

Oh OK. I can change that. Funny, my eyes saw the word "patauguer". In those letters. :oops:
I will send you the corrected file today.

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2017, 9:24 am 

Ch 2 corrected, "patauger" at 11:07

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/aliceaupays_02_carroll_128kb.mp3

Duration 17:24

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2017, 9:48 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:

thanks, beautifully edited :thumbs: it's PL ok now

Sonia

Post Posted:: August 16th, 2017, 12:02 pm 

Thank you, Sonia!

Post Posted:: August 24th, 2017, 9:02 pm 

Here's Chapter 3 https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/aliceaupays_03_carroll_128kb.mp3

Time 16:05

Thank you, Sonia!

Post Posted:: August 25th, 2017, 4:39 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:

nicely done again, Linda :clap: I am glad though that the mouse did NOT tell her whole story, I thought she was a bit tedious to listen to LOL (not your fault, but the fault of the mouse) I liked this tail-shaped poem, a bit of a pity that one cannot really convey this in reading.

I have a few small pronunciation corrections to propose:

> at 1:30: "et comme celui-ci refusa tout net de le lui dire" - in the word "net" you need to pronounce the final 't' as well. /nett/

> at 9:16: "lui présentait solennellement le dé" - don't ask me why, but for some reason, this 'e' should be pronounced 'a' /so-la-nellement/ probably some linguistic mystery

the following two are suggestions to do "liaison" with the 's'. I would say, they are optional, as I don't think it's really wrong to say it your way, but maybe for French speakers it would sound more fluent if you did liaison:

> at 10:06: " car les gros oiseaux"

> at 14:59: "enfin sous un prétexte ou sous un autre"

Sonia

Post Posted:: August 25th, 2017, 8:30 am 

Kitty wrote:
Ealswythe wrote:

nicely done again, Linda :clap: I am glad though that the mouse did NOT tell her whole story, I thought she was a bit tedious to listen to LOL (not your fault, but the fault of the mouse) I liked this tail-shaped poem, a bit of a pity that one cannot really convey this in reading.

I have a few small pronunciation corrections to propose:

> at 1:30: "et comme celui-ci refusa tout net de le lui dire" - in the word "net" you need to pronounce the final 't' as well. /nett/

> at 9:16: "lui présentait solennellement le dé" - don't ask me why, but for some reason, this 'e' should be pronounced 'a' /so-la-nellement/ probably some linguistic mystery

the following two are suggestions to do "liaison" with the 's'. I would say, they are optional, as I don't think it's really wrong to say it your way, but maybe for French speakers it would sound more fluent if you did liaison:

> at 10:06: " car les gros oiseaux"

> at 14:59: "enfin sous un prétexte ou sous un autre"

Sonia

OK, Sonia,
I'll make all these corrections. Those were points that I was debating about doing anyway: for some reason, I was thinking about pronouncing "tout nette" and making the liaison at "gros oiseaux" and "sous un prétexte, etc" but I opted for the opposite. Lol
"Solennellement" I did not know had to be with an "a" sound.
I will change all these things, and upload the new file today.
Thank you, Sonia!

Post Posted:: August 25th, 2017, 2:01 pm 

Ch 3 corrected https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/aliceaupays_03_carroll_128kb.mp3

Thank you, Sonia!

Post Posted:: August 26th, 2017, 2:50 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Ealswythe wrote:

excellented correct Linda :clap: thanks, everything PL ok now

Sonia

Post Posted:: September 8th, 2017, 10:50 am 

Chapter 4 ready for PL https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/aliceaupays_04_carroll_128kb.mp3

Duration 21:07
Thank you, Sonia!

Post Posted:: September 8th, 2017, 11:57 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Super Linda, a new chapter is ready, and you know what ? No errors whatsoever on the first go: PL ok. :thumbs:

I never read the entire Alice book but this chapter is very famous :lol: Very nicely narrated, yet again :)

Sonia

Post Posted:: September 8th, 2017, 12:02 pm 

Thank you, Sonia! One of my favorite chapters is the next one... Conseils d'une Chenille. Can't wait to get started on that one!

Post Posted:: September 18th, 2017, 5:28 pm 

Chapitre 5 prêt à PL https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/aliceaupays_05_carroll_128kb.mp3

18:42
Thank you, Sonia!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next