[COMPLETE] The House of Whispers by William Le Queux - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 4th, 2017, 4:58 pm

Hello Sonia,
Chapter 26 is now in the mw.
It is basically a conversation between Gabrielle and Flockhart.
Certain areas are loud since they are not always happy with one another.
Fair warning to not have your volume up too high as I would like for you to not have your hearing impaired. Consider yourself forewarned.
April :D

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9646
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 5th, 2017, 9:08 am

adr6090 wrote: Chapter 26 is now in the mw.
It is basically a conversation between Gabrielle and Flockhart.
Certain areas are loud since they are not always happy with one another.
Fair warning to not have your volume up too high as I would like for you to not have your hearing impaired. Consider yourself forewarned.
haha, April, with this warning beforehand I was expecting a huge verbal fight. And indeed Gabrielle this time stands her ground against Flockheart, but you managed to convey shouting without actually blowing my ears off. :mrgreen: Well done. :)

Also, I’m happy to announce, this was again a flawless chapter :thumbs: PL ok immediately.

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 5th, 2017, 2:41 pm

:thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs:
I am quite pleased with the pl and that you heeded my warning to not blow out your eardrums.
Have a wonderful day, Sonia.


Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote: Chapter 26 is now in the mw.
It is basically a conversation between Gabrielle and Flockhart.
Certain areas are loud since they are not always happy with one another.
Fair warning to not have your volume up too high as I would like for you to not have your hearing impaired. Consider yourself forewarned.
haha, April, with this warning beforehand I was expecting a huge verbal fight. And indeed Gabrielle this time stands her ground against Flockheart, but you managed to convey shouting without actually blowing my ears off. :mrgreen: Well done. :)

Also, I’m happy to announce, this was again a flawless chapter :thumbs: PL ok immediately.

Sonia
April6090

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 8th, 2017, 11:37 am

Sonia,
chapter 27 is in the mw.
April6090

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9646
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 9th, 2017, 8:31 am

adr6090 wrote:Sonia,
chapter 27 is in the mw.
great April, fabulous chapter again, and no errors to be pointed out. Immediately PL ok on the first go again. Your success rate is getting higher. :D

I am really curious what Flockhart’s secret with Gabrielle is, the thing he doesn’t want her to tell to the world :hmm:

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 9th, 2017, 9:16 am

Thank you Sonia,
I realize my success rate is much better now. :clap:

I am curious as well as to what the secret is also. The book is quite entertaining to read, though I also realize that before much longer it will be finished. Therefore, we will have our questions answered.
April
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:Sonia,
chapter 27 is in the mw.
great April, fabulous chapter again, and no errors to be pointed out. Immediately PL ok on the first go again. Your success rate is getting higher. :D

I am really curious what Flockhart’s secret with Gabrielle is, the thing he doesn’t want her to tell to the world :hmm:

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 11th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Sonia,
I have posted chapter 28 in the mw. I will not be online until Friday, October 13th so you can not be focused on the House of Whispers until than. :D
April6090

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9646
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 12th, 2017, 5:04 am

adr6090 wrote: I have posted chapter 28 in the mw. I will not be online until Friday, October 13th so you can not be focused on the House of Whispers until than. :D
thank you April :) well, the title was not really appropriate this time, as the famous whispers did not appear.

Well read again, but I found two small things to correct:

> at 6:22: “The wolf guards the head of St. Edmund as it does in the seal of the Benedictine Abbey of Bury St. Edmunds” – the underlined part of the sentence is missing

> at 8:01: “"Ah, mon cher Sir Henry!" – hehe, I had to smirk here. Saying “chérie” here changes the meaning quite a bit, you would only say that for your beloved actually. ;) what he means here is only “my dear friend”, and that’s’ only “cher” (pronounced like the English “share”)

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 12th, 2017, 2:37 pm

"the title was not really appropriate this time, as the famous whispers did not appear."
Disappointing to me as well that they did not appear. :? I fixed the 2 areas and the file is now ready for spot pl.
April6090

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9646
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 13th, 2017, 12:20 am

adr6090 wrote:I fixed the 2 areas and the file is now ready for spot pl.
than you April, both spots beautifully patched :thumbs:

PL ok now

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 13th, 2017, 11:58 am

:thumbs:
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:I fixed the 2 areas and the file is now ready for spot pl.
than you April, both spots beautifully patched :thumbs:

PL ok now

Sonia
April6090

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 13th, 2017, 3:40 pm

Hello Sonia,
chapter 29 is now in the mw.
It felt like an easier reading than some past chapters.
In the end, editing, there were roughly 12 corrections. Some were sounds and some were my garbled sounding words.
Let me know what you think once you listen to it. Thank you.
April6090

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9646
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » October 14th, 2017, 10:14 am

Now what's up now here in this chapter ? :shock: The same whispers in Hungary ? If I didn't know better I would say that Glencardine and Hetzendorf were in secret communication by phone at night LOL but back then that was not possible yet. :hmm: And why is Gabrielle so familiar to Murie's friends ? Mystery over mystery. I'm curious how it will go on.

This chapter was super well read again, and I only found one garbled word, which I think would benefit from re-recording:

> at 11:56 - "The argument was apparently convincing" - there is a serious jump in the recording and the word is not comprehensible to me. I would suggest to re-read this sentence.

The rest is fine ! Well done

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 14th, 2017, 11:28 am

whew...only 1 mistake and I will get that error fixed.
I find myself wondering as well just what is up with 2 whisperings. Seems like mystery over mystery alright.
April
Kitty wrote:Now what's up now here in this chapter ? :shock: The same whispers in Hungary ? If I didn't know better I would say that Glencardine and Hetzendorf were in secret communication by phone at night LOL but back then that was not possible yet. :hmm: And why is Gabrielle so familiar to Murie's friends ? Mystery over mystery. I'm curious how it will go on.

This chapter was super well read again, and I only found one garbled word, which I think would benefit from re-recording:

> at 11:56 - "The argument was apparently convincing" - there is a serious jump in the recording and the word is not comprehensible to me. I would suggest to re-read this sentence.

The rest is fine ! Well done

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 713
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » October 15th, 2017, 10:18 am

I reread the sentence and I am about to post it in the mw. :D
adr6090 wrote:whew...only 1 mistake and I will get that error fixed.
I find myself wondering as well just what is up with 2 whisperings. Seems like mystery over mystery alright.
April
Kitty wrote:Now what's up now here in this chapter ? :shock: The same whispers in Hungary ? If I didn't know better I would say that Glencardine and Hetzendorf were in secret communication by phone at night LOL but back then that was not possible yet. :hmm: And why is Gabrielle so familiar to Murie's friends ? Mystery over mystery. I'm curious how it will go on.

This chapter was super well read again, and I only found one garbled word, which I think would benefit from re-recording:

> at 11:56 - "The argument was apparently convincing" - there is a serious jump in the recording and the word is not comprehensible to me. I would suggest to re-read this sentence.

The rest is fine ! Well done

Sonia
April6090

Post Reply