[COMPLETE] The House of Whispers by William Le Queux - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you! :clap: :clap:
I am working on editing chapter 31. Chapter 32 has English, French & Italian. Ahh!!
Kitty wrote:well I still hear tisgans, but it's ok, it might be only my ears playing tricks LOL (wouldn't be the first time) let's not worry about it.

I'll mark it PL ok.

Not even 10 chapters left :clap:

Sonia
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote:I am working on editing chapter 31. Chapter 32 has English, French & Italian. Ahh!!
poor you. Well you know where to find help if you need any ;)

Good luck !

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Yes indeed, I do. :lol:
Kitty wrote:
adr6090 wrote:I am working on editing chapter 31. Chapter 32 has English, French & Italian. Ahh!!
poor you. Well you know where to find help if you need any ;)

Good luck !

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Chapter 31 is in the mw
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and another excellent chapter in the box :clap: no errors found, well done April. And I think this chapter sounded as if it came quite easy to you to record or am I mistaken ? It sounds very fluent.

Still we don't know yet how Hamilton met Gabrielle, but they seem to be good friends at least.

PL ok

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

You are correct, it was quite easy for me to record.
The next chapter will not sound the same as thre is French and Italian along with English in it.Referring back to the Italian in the prior chapters might be helpful, we will see. I will edit to the best of my capabilities though notification from you about the errors is always appreciated. :oops:

Hamilton seems like a nice chap, I would not mind meeting him myself. lol
Kitty wrote:and another excellent chapter in the box :clap: no errors found, well done April. And I think this chapter sounded as if it came quite easy to you to record or am I mistaken ? It sounds very fluent.

Still we don't know yet how Hamilton met Gabrielle, but they seem to be good friends at least.

PL ok

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
Chapter 32 is now in the mw. I still am not fond of the French and Italian dialects I did. Unfortunately, c'est la vie. I realize that you can tell me the correct pronunciation and I appreciate that. Honestly, I am not a foreign speaking person. If you believe I should re-speak those sections, I will. Though, isn't it good enough? :roll:
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

nicely done April, very good idea to deliver the two songs in a sort of sing-song voice. That makes it more lively. Don't worry about the pronunciations, you're probably right and many of the listeners may not know the correct one either.

I can mark the chapter PL ok as there's nothing missing from the text.

yet another cliffhanger at the end...

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Good morning Sonia,
I will read chapter 33 today as I am curious just who is outside? I have a thought or two as you may also. We will see.....
Kitty wrote:nicely done April, very good idea to deliver the two songs in a sort of sing-song voice. That makes it more lively. Don't worry about the pronunciations, you're probably right and many of the listeners may not know the correct one either.

I can mark the chapter PL ok as there's nothing missing from the text.

yet another cliffhanger at the end...

Sonia
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello again Sonia,
Yes, you are correct in guessing that chapter 33 is now in the mw. :D Please do let me know if there is anything I need to fix. Thank you.
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh-ho now there is an interesting twist. The bankers of Europe being all into the conspiracy. I'm not sure I find them altogether nice people even though they seem to be the victims here and Flockhart the baddie. :hmm:

All nicely read again, I only found one part of a sentence missing, which makes the sentence incomplete:

> at 4:29: the underlined part is missing: “And he seated himself, while the chair at the head of the table was taken by the stout Frenchman”

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Sonia,
the Chapter 33 edit is finished and now in the mw. :D
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Thank you April, Chapter 33 is now PL ok. Nicely patched

Sonia
adr6090