COMPLETE Nature Myths & Stories for Little Children-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

linny wrote:This project makes me feel so guilty. If I can't make progress in the 2 weeks then I think I should open it as a group project. :(
Awww, don't feel guilty Linny!

Sometimes these things just don't work the way we thought they might. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. With hurricanes and school, I'm surprised you have time at all! :)

If it does go to a group project, I'd ask to be dropped as DPL. My time/situation has changed a bit and I've thought abut dropping this project, but did not want to let you down.

Nemo
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
linny

Post by linny »

Ok, Nemo. I finally have a plan. I'm 9 chapters of editing away from being done with a much too big commitment on Huckleberry Finn. My DPL list has been dwindling and I haven't taken on any new projects. Starting the beginning of December I will be able to focus on this. Having you DPL would be great but I completely understand if you can't.

Oh, and thank you for your kindness but I do feel guilty. No way around it. I have dyslexia so it's not often I get the courage to take on a reading project. It takes so terribly long to get through a project with all the errors I make along the way. I don't know if I lost courage or if life really did get out of control. Either way, I'm back with a plan. :thumbs:

Have a great Thanksgiving! :D
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

linny wrote:Ok, Nemo. I finally have a plan. I'm 9 chapters of editing away from being done with a much too big commitment on Huckleberry Finn. My DPL list has been dwindling and I haven't taken on any new projects. Starting the beginning of December I will be able to focus on this. Having you DPL would be great but I completely understand if you can't.

Oh, and thank you for your kindness but I do feel guilty. No way around it. I have dyslexia so it's not often I get the courage to take on a reading project. It takes so terribly long to get through a project with all the errors I make along the way. I don't know if I lost courage or if life really did get out of control. Either way, I'm back with a plan. :thumbs:

Have a great Thanksgiving! :D
Awesome Linny!

I look forward to listening to your melodious readings in December!!

You have a great Holiday also, and enjoy time off from school!

Nemo
Nemo

linny

Post by linny »

Excellent! Thank you.
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi Linny,

Sorry, but I am going to resign as DPL for this.
Nemo

linny

Post by linny »

I completely understand. Thank you for the work you did.
linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnn,
It appears I finally have a voice back (part time). I edited the preface and read the first story in section 1. It's still going to be a crawling pace but at least I can start doing a little bit again.

Thank you for your patience. I'll wait until I get a few sections completed before I post an ad for a proof listener.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for the update Linny.

Glad you are feeling better, but be sure to protect that voice! Don't overdo it (and that includes singing in the shower and rooting for your favorite team).

MaryAnn
linny

Post by linny »

Hi MaryAnn,
I don't actually speak much anymore. It takes about 2hrs of vocal exercises before my voice is stable and reliable. I don't set aside that kind of time more than a couple of times a week. At least now I know I can get it back when I need it. They say there is still a chance it will come back but that could be another year yet.

I just finished my Ombudsman certification training. Now that I'm official, I'll have to talk more frequently which means I'll HAVE to do the vocal exercises. That means I'll have more days with a voice and then can record more often. I'm almost finished with the second section. :oops:

I haven't been wanting to reply to the thread for fear another PLer would come along and I didn't want to disappoint anyone else on this project. I finally considered that if I take down the ~ I won't have to worry about that. :mrgreen:

Anyway, long way to say I'll start making some noticeable progress here. I won't look for a PLer until I'm finished or darn near close to it.

Thank you for your patience.
linny

Post by linny »

linny

Post by linny »

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Linny.

You mind if I listen as I have time?

MaryAnn
linny