LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently November 17th, 2017, 11:13 pm

Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post Posted:: October 2nd, 2017, 1:53 am 

UPDATE:
Guess what? :) I was asked to work overtime on my short "vacation". And I thought that somebody has to make these cars! I made good money on my overtime €_€ .

ButI have managed to work on this project dispite how little time I have, the project is almost, almost ready. Few chapters are already complete, but I upload them all at once.

I have this weekend off from work, and this time I have to be tough and say "No" to overtime. So, new deadline is 10th October. This time for real!

Post Posted:: October 2nd, 2017, 4:48 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks for the update Harr. I fully understand, OT is hard to turn down, but keep in mind that all work and no play is not healthy. So hope you are squeezing in a bit of time for Harr along the way.
MaryAnn

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
--Christina Rosetti

Post Posted:: October 10th, 2017, 5:34 pm 

UPDATE:
Just few more days, almost ready! :clap:

Post Posted:: October 24th, 2017, 11:11 am 

Now the files are finally ready! Before I convert them to mp3s and upload, I have just one little question.

I recorded the intro as follows on most files (all but 1st, in which there are longer intro):
Ruhtinas by Niccolo Machiavelli. This Librivox recording is on public domain. 3rd chapter. [Chapter topic]...[Body Text]... (but in Finnish, offcourse)

Is this ok intro? Or should I add the chapter number in front part of the intro also? Or is there anything else in need to be fixed?

I talked to my brother today, he is ready to prooflisten in upcoming days. And it was that I need to ask my sister (who reads the references) to register in this forum, right?

Post Posted:: October 24th, 2017, 12:37 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Harr,

Generally, we like to have the chapter number at the start of the intro because if a listener is visually impaired (or simply can't read the file name because they are sitting in the dark, or whatever), they can hear what file they have right away without having to listen to the entire intro first.

Practically though, when you are using the short intro, it doesn't seem too long to wait to hear what file you have, so I think it is ok.

You do not mention the translator in the short intro . . . that's fine, but please be sure to include the translator's name in the intro to section 1 and in the outro at the end of the book.

As to your sister, yes, she needs to register for the forum. I will then need her forum name to create a reader record for her and give her credit for contributing to the recordings. Does she speak in every file? Or does she speak only for certain chapters?

Congratulations! You've put a lot of work into this and I'm glad to see you so close to completion!

MaryAnn

In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
--Christina Rosetti