SOLO [FINNISH] Ruhtinas by Niccolo Machiavelli-mas

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Harr1

Post by Harr1 » December 22nd, 2017, 12:14 am

I'm off to country side for the rest of the year. Btw, I would like to design covers for this book, when I return, if it's still possible.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year all!

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » December 22nd, 2017, 9:04 am

Safe travels Harr. I have pre-claimed the cover for you.
MaryAnn

Harr1

Post by Harr1 » January 21st, 2018, 11:24 pm

UPDATE:
I asked my brother has he already started the listening, and it turned out he had totally forgot this project :) . He promised to listen it soon now, and I keep reminding him every 2-3 days, so I guess soon he will get into it.

I have clear vision for the cover, I'll start sketching it in upcoming days.

By the way, I don't work at the car factory anymore, it was way too heavy for me: :(
Good side of this it that now I have more time for Librivox! 8-)

MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel » January 22nd, 2018, 6:55 am

Thanks for the update Harr. I'm looking forward to seeing your cover!
MaryAnn

Harr1

Post by Harr1 » February 16th, 2018, 3:11 am

I asked my brother how is the work going, he said he is about in halfway thru. I try to rush him a bit, it has taken so long already.

Meanwhile, I have made first draft of the cover:
https://aijaa.com/XB4j4V

And I have a few questions:
1. Does the translator need to bee mentioned in front cover? What about reader(s)? I'll mention them on back-cover everycase
2. I used program called paint.net to put it all together. What about fonts? Does the fonts need to be on public domain also, even if I use fonts that are available in free software like paint.net?

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise » February 16th, 2018, 5:15 am

I'll answer - because I m more involved with the covers
The cover looks good so far :clap: :clap:
I use paint net all the time , and I have added a couple of fonts - I've made sure the ones I add are public domain and I assume the fonts that come with the program are all PD. I don't usually put the translator on the image and it is your decision about whether you want your name on it
You need to make a 300X300 pixel copy of the image and label it ruhtinas_1802.jpg (yymm)
A copy of this labelled ruhtinas_1802_itemimage.jpg
and a 150X150 labelled ruhtinas_1802_thumb.jpg
as well as a pdf of the cover labelled ruhtinas_1802.pdf

Anne
Our objective is to make all books in the public domain available, for free, in audio format on the internet. - Hugh McGuire.

Harr1

Post by Harr1 » February 17th, 2018, 1:14 am

Thanks for the info Annise!

I found this interesting thread at paint.net community:
https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/31760-are-all-fonts-that-show-in-the-drop-down-menu-legal-for-commercial-use/?tab=comments#comment-426026

And after some googling, I found that the fonts on my computer are mainly the ones which came with Windows and MS Office. So since I have bought licenses on those, I'm fairly sure that I can use them.

Back to this project; my brother has Winter Holiday whole next week, so he should be ready by the end of the week. And I'm ready too by then, I need to make just few adjustments to that front cover, and create other needed files.