Complete The Transfiguration of Miss Philura, F M Kingsley

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

The Transfiguration of Miss Philura by Florence Morse Kingsley (1859 - 1937).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/the-transfiguration-of-miss-philura-by-florence-morse-kingsley/
( What would happen if someone really believed that "Ask and you shall receive"? Amusing observations on the impact on the life of mild-mannered spinster Miss Philura and her acquaintances in their small American township after she attends a rousing lecture )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/transfigurationo00king
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Florence Morse Kingsley) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florence_Morse_Kingsley
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have:
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
  • Original publication date (if known):
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? annie70 Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project:

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of The Transfiguration of Miss Philura. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "The Transfiguration of Miss Philura, by Florence Morse Kingsley. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of The Transfiguration of Miss Philura by Florence Morse Kingsley. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of The Transfiguration of Miss Philura, by Florence Morse Kingsley. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename transfigurationofmissphilura_##_kingsley_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. transfigurationofmissphilura_01_kingsley_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Florence Morse Kingsley
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: The Transfiguration of Miss Philura

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: lt - Lynnet
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by anneflebari on May 23rd, 2017, 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I will set this up for you.
We need to know how many sections in order to create a Magic Window. As there are only 2 chapters, I have made 2 sections, but it is easy to add more if and when you decide t break the chapters into smaller sections (remember no section should be more than about 72 minutes long).
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

OK, Anne, I have set this up for you. I have done a few things for you and there are a few for you to do now:

1. I have set the Magic Window up with 2 sections. No section can be longer than about 72 minutes, so you may find you need to break them into "chapter 1 part 1" etc. It's very easy to add sections. When you get into the MW (more about that in a bit) you click on 'add new section' -- it will be added at the bottom, so you can just drag it into place.
2. I have added the title of section 1 as "chapter 1" -- to change this field, just click on the box and hit enter when you're done. So that's if you need to add a 'part 1' etc., and also for chapter 2.
3. I have added a tilde to the title - this is LV shorthand to signify you are looking for a proof listener. We will stay on the launch pad to try to attract one, for a couple of days.
4. I have added _128kb_ to the file name (in a perfect world, this would be done automatically, but it's not a perfect world, so it is up to us to remember we need to add it). At this point, if you wish, you can shorten the file name. In general, shorter is better, but it should be unique. You could leave it as it is or just have missphilura -- or anything else that seems appropriate.
5. I have coped Carolin's summary from the Book Suggestions page, but when you have a better idea of the book, you might want to change that. Adding tags and a genre will make it more searchable in the catalog, so if you want me to add them just let me know.
6. ID tags are optional -- the section in the first post is a holdover from the 'old days' when we had to add them. Now, they are added automatically at cataloguing. Anything you add will be over-written, so you will be wasting your time, really, although some people do like to add them anyway. If you decide not to, you can delete the section about id tags from the first post.
7. To edit anything in the first post: near the top right, is a box that says 'edit'. Click on that and you will be able to change anything in the first post. Be sure to click on submit at the bottom to save your changes.

8. THE MAGIC WINDOW I have changed your LV status to that of Book Coordinator so you will be able to access the MW (for this and any future solos and group projects you decide to host). However, there are special instructions for logging in the first time:
http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC%27s:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
Note that the password for the MW should be different (and more secure) than that for the forum.

I think that just about covers it... Any questions, just ask!
Lynne
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Thank you so much Lynnet...I hope this is OK, I've not done solo book before, just short poetry; I'll work my way through the MW instructions for chapter 2 before recording any more:)

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/transfigofmissphilura_01_fmkingsley_128kb.mp3
20min 35sec
Anne F
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Looks good. Was that the whole of chapter 1?

When you do chapter 2, please be sure to be consistent in the file name... I see you changed it from the one suggested, which is fine. Normally, it would be a good idea to change the first post to reflect that.
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Yes that is end of first chapter..very short book?
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Would enjoy being dpl.
DaveC
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

1 PL OK.

Nice read. I'll will update the MW once I'm added to the project.

EDIT: MW updated.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have added Dave as DPL. (Anne, that means he will be able to access the Magic Window).
I have also moved the project to Going Solo -- you will get the notifications just the same, but it will leave the Launch Pad uncluttered.
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

AAH! Internet crashed as I was submitting chapter2! I had uploaded file and received URL, but net failed just as I hit submit...and I hadn't saved link....do you have to clear this file from server and I start upload again? Also do I now upload in usual way or as BC from workflow page? Sorry for the confusion :( Anne
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

anneflebari wrote:AAH! Internet crashed as I was submitting chapter2! I had uploaded file and received URL, but net failed just as I hit submit...and I hadn't saved link....do you have to clear this file from server and I start upload again? Also do I now upload in usual way or as BC from workflow page? Sorry for the confusion :( Anne
You can just reupload... I'll sort it out my end later.
And you can access the uploader in the usual way or via the workflow page (sometimes it is easier/quicker to go one route, sometimes the other)-- they both get you to the same place :)
And don't worry. You won't break Librivox -- believe me, I've tried :?
anneflebari

Post by anneflebari »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Are you having trouble getting into the Magic Window? That's a common problem... send a PM to knoyouraveragejo if you need help.
If you can log in, you can put your file directly into the MW... Just paste your link in the "Listen URL" field and hit enter. You should also select 'ready for PL' in the drop-down menu in the right hand column. Remember also to enter the title. You should put the time in the 'notes' column (that is the only one where you 'save' rather than enter.

Before we head to the catalog, you will also want to update the blurb... a teaser but no spoilers 8-)
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

2 PL OK. Finished!

Nice reads.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Looks as if we are ready for the catalog!