[COMPLETE]"India's Love Lyrics" by Laurence Hope-annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
HelenWillifordLower

Post by HelenWillifordLower »

thanks very much for that Kristin :D - I'll edit for the gaps and it looks like I actually did not upload my edited Sec 3 which I've now lost. Back to work! : )
HelenWillifordLower

OK Kristin, Corrected 1 and 3 hopefully, let me know. :D
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Sections 1 & 3 are now PL OK!
HelenWillifordLower

Just a note to let y'all know I won't be uploading a file this month. I've had major issues with elderly parents care needs. Next month should be back on track.
Thanks
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Thanks for keeping us informed :D

Anne
HelenWillifordLower

Hello Anne and Kristin -

Some news - I found out that my Section 1 recording for some reason left out about 2 minutes worth or page and a half of one of the longer poems - Reverie of Mohamed Akram At The Tamarind Tank. I recorded and inserted the missing part, starts at 6:09 and ends at about 8:00. I think it sounds okay inserted, but another pair of ears is always a good idea. The rest of the recording is the same.

I do not have a new Section to offer unfortunately. I don't want to overshare, but I feel I should explain that it turns out my mother has had to be committed to a "memory care" facility for Alzheimer's and my father is in process of moving her and himself out of their home, selling the contents and the house. Needless to say I am needed and this came very unexpectedly as they were both living at home, driving and quite functional just 2 months ago.

If it is okay, I need to realistically say I want to put these recordings on hold through the end of December and holiday period as I am overwhelmed with out of the ordinary duties. I am very committed to this project and will be so happy to get back to it in January with an upload that month - I have started a blog as a companion to these recordings, which discusses the poet's work, biography and personal notes as I record http://laurencehopenotes.blogspot.co.nz/ so I am very in to it.
I can still check in at the end of Nov and Dec no prob and wave hi. Please let me know your thoughts and if this is okay -
thanks
Helen
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I fully understand , just back from a visit to a similar place myself. I'm happy to just leave it in the forum .

Anne
HelenWillifordLower

Hello -

Happy New Year to all, I am back from the long hiatus and just uploaded section 4 ready for PL. The break was much needed and I am ready to roll :) .

I am writing notes about the poet as I record, which is allowing me to take a really interesting trip through the life of the poet as well as the history of the era and to learn more about her on a literary level as well, as she is yet a mostly unstudied artist. The blog is http://laurencehopenotes.blogspot.co.nz/
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

Section 4 is PL OK!
HelenWillifordLower

Thank you Kristin - that's speedy service! :clap:
HelenWillifordLower

Hi there -

Sec 5 is up for a listen - "The Aloe" and "Memory" +5

cheers - Helen
MrsHand

Post by MrsHand »

HelenWillifordLower wrote: February 25th, 2018, 9:14 pm Hi there -

Sec 5 is up for a listen - "The Aloe" and "Memory" +5

cheers - Helen
There's a repeat @ 5:46 of the last stanza.

And a nit-picky thing on my part, the name for the section in the MW isn't the same as the others (it's missing the +5). It's neither here nor there, but I just wanted to mention it in case it matters to you. :D
HelenWillifordLower

Good catch Kristin - fixed the repeat, which brought the time down a few seconds, and yes I added the +5.

THANKS SO MUCH. Listening well is a talent and more rare these days than ever :clap:
HelenWillifordLower

HIYA

We are about 1/2 way I'd reckon :clap:

SEction six is up - I had some technical difficulties with recording but pushed through. I hope it is not choppy sounding, this was a difficult section the poetry itself was technical.

It is only 6 poems as the next piece in the book is a two parter so both go with the next section. I think I might start listing all the poems names instead of the +5 thing - there is room and for searching purposes, it should be more satisfactory for the user, no?

I trust you'll tell me if I need to make something very different happen, by now I should be doing it right, eh

Also, if anyone has an interest in 19th century poets, Raj era India, or overlooked female poets check out my blog - I discuss each poem as I go with historical, bio and other comments
http://laurencehopenotes.blogspot.co.nz/

Cheers and Happy Easter! - Helen
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You can change the section title field if you wish - there are as in most things, pluses and minuses doing it

The + is that people will be able to find which section has the poem if they look at our catalogue page, but not on Archive or any of the apps.
The - is that that field get truncated - it will be too long for the metadata to carry so it will not be attached to the files in any useful way

Anne