COMPLETE: The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

The Black Arrow, by Robert Louis Stevenson by Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

http://librivox.org/the-black-arrow-by-robert-louis-stevenson/

In the unsettled years of England's War of the Roses, where a man stood on the issue of kingship could make his fortune... or end his life. Dick Shelton, a nobly-born lad, is on the cusp of manhood, and he is thrust bodily into this stew where allegiances shift under one's feet. Circumstances cause him to fall in with a gentlemaiden in boy's disguise. Until he learns of the deception, Dick is unaware that the young lady is an heiress whom his guardian Sir Daniel had kidnapped. And the introduction of an outlaw with a penchant for putting black arrows into the bodies of the men who had wronged him affords Dick a worrying hint - that Sir Daniel might have been the man that had murdered Dick's father! ( Mark F. Smith)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/848
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; Historical Fiction; War & Military Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: (i will need help with these later)

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Black Arrow. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Black Arrow, by Robert Louis Stevenson. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Black Arrow, by Robert Louis Stevenson. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Black Arrow by Robert Louis Stevenson. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename blackarrow_##_stevenson_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. blackarrow_01_stevenson_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags ID3 tags are now optional. They are added automatically during cataloging.
    Artist: Robert Louis Stevenson
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: The Black Arrow

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Mark. I'll MC for you. MW will be up shortly.

Edited to Add: OK you should be all set, Mark. I've tidied up the top post a little and shortened the filenames. We'll hang out here for a bit and see if you pick up a DPL before heading off to Going Solo.
Jo
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
I'd be happy to be the DPL for this project. :)

Cheers,
Betty
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Thank you, Jo and Betty!
:9:
- Mark

"In narrating everything is simple, but it's the simple things that are difficult." (Apologies to von Clausewitz!)
Mark's Librivoxings
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
This introduction file is PL OK! Super reading. :clap:

Betty
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Chapter 1 is ready! :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/blackarrow_01_stevenson_128kb.mp3

19:37

I've forgotten: am I supposed to maintain the Magic Window? If so - it's not letting me in.
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Yes, Mark. As soloist, you are the BC so it's up to you to enter the titles and links in the MW. When you say it's not letting you in, are you using your workflow password and not your forum password to login to the MW?
Jo
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Hunh. I had forgotten I had a separate password for MWs.
Well, at this point, it's refusing to let me enter credentials. It's going straight to "you don't have permissions to open this page." Even closing and re-opening my browser isn't giving me an opportunity to rectify my mistake.
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

Thanks for the instructions, Jo - they worked!
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Great!
Jo
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
sections 1 and 2 are both PL OK! Super readings :thumbs:

I'll get to section 3 later today.

Edit!
Mark, because of that introduction file, your chapters don't correspond with the section numbers. Not a big deal, but if you want this to be changed, please let Jo and I know.

Betty
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
Section 3 is PL OK! :clap: Great!

Betty
Kaffen

Post by Kaffen »

libraryanne wrote:Hi,

Mark, because of that introduction file, your chapters don't correspond with the section numbers. Not a big deal, but if you want this to be changed, please let Jo and I know.
Yes, please. It's a bit disconcerting for me, and probably would be more so for a listener.
- Mark

Mark's Librivoxings