COMPLETE: Clementina by A. E. W. Mason - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » July 4th, 2017, 7:13 am

I love long weekends -- they're great for recording:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/clementina_10_mason_128kb.mp3 (19:07)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/clementina_11_mason_128kb.mp3 (27:00)

Am having trouble accessing the MW, but will paste these in ASAP.

Best regards,
Chris

Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » July 8th, 2017, 9:32 am


linny
Posts: 9270
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » July 10th, 2017, 10:03 am

I saw the post in Listeners Wanted. I see that Betty PLed a few chapters so I hope I'm not stepping on toes here but I have some time so I can PL a bit for you. I can't DPL though.

Section 7, Chapter 8
Intro is not as stated in the first post. I did not review prior chapters to see if it’s the post or the reading that is incorrect.
Per the posting the intro should be: Chapter [8] of Clementina by A. E. W. Mason. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain. Chapter 8, At Schlestadt

Section 8, Chapter 9
This section has the same altered intro as section 7 so it’s likely that it’s just the initial post that needs to be corrected. If this intro is consistent with earlier sections then section 7 is PL OK.

Section 8 has a repeat – 29:41 They were none of his business.

Section 9, Chapters 10 and 11
PL ok (depending on intro)

That's all I can do for now. Enjoy your project. It sounds great!

Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » July 12th, 2017, 7:39 pm

linny wrote:I saw the post in Listeners Wanted. I see that Betty PLed a few chapters so I hope I'm not stepping on toes here but I have some time so I can PL a bit for you. I can't DPL though.

Section 7, Chapter 8
Intro is not as stated in the first post. I did not review prior chapters to see if it’s the post or the reading that is incorrect.
Per the posting the intro should be: Chapter [8] of Clementina by A. E. W. Mason. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain. Chapter 8, At Schlestadt

Section 8, Chapter 9
This section has the same altered intro as section 7 so it’s likely that it’s just the initial post that needs to be corrected. If this intro is consistent with earlier sections then section 7 is PL OK.

Section 8 has a repeat – 29:41 They were none of his business.

Section 9, Chapters 10 and 11
PL ok (depending on intro)

That's all I can do for now. Enjoy your project. It sounds great!
Thank you so much! I appreciate your help!

Chris

Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » July 16th, 2017, 2:25 pm

I think I'll leave the non-standard intros as they are, since all the previous sections are recorded that way. I'll get it right in the next project :-).

I've had to switch to another computer to get my microphone to work after a Windows 10 update, so will resume recording and fix the repetition when I have my Mac set up.

Thanks!
Chris

linny
Posts: 9270
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » July 16th, 2017, 4:11 pm

Good plan! Remember to update the initial post with the correct subsequent section intro.

cherylstewart
Posts: 1029
Joined: October 8th, 2011, 3:39 pm

Post by cherylstewart » July 18th, 2017, 2:03 pm

Chris, I would be happy to dpl if you still are in need?
Cheryls

Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » August 5th, 2017, 6:08 pm

cherylstewart wrote:Chris, I would be happy to dpl if you still are in need?
Cheryls
Hi Cheryls - :clap: :clap: :clap: YES I'd love it if you'd dpl for me! There's lots to get started with. I should have even more for you next weekend. But please don't feel you have to rush -- just do what you can and we'll catch up in the end.

Best regards and much thanks,
Chris
Last edited by Jacquerie on August 12th, 2017, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 14843
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 4:37 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Post by knotyouraveragejo » August 6th, 2017, 6:03 am

Cheryls added as DPL. :)
Jo
My Librivox Solos
Books are the carriers of civilization. Without books, history is silent, literature dumb, science crippled, thought and speculation at a standstill. - Barbara Tuchman

Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » August 6th, 2017, 9:32 am

Thank you, Jo!

By the way, cheryls, I did make the requested change to section 8. If you check at the very end, you'll see that there isn't a repeat at about 29:40.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/clementina_08_mason_128kb.mp3

And as you can see from the thread the only problem with sections 7-11 was the non-standard intro, which I don't intend to fix this time around. So those can be marked PL OK if you don't want to listen to them all over again. :-)

Two more:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/clementina_13_mason_128kb.mp3 (35:35)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/clementina_14_mason_128kb.mp3 (13:56)


Thanks,
Chris

Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » August 13th, 2017, 8:55 am


Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » August 19th, 2017, 10:16 am

I haven't heard back from cheryls, so I've put in a request for a new DPL(s). In the meantime, here's the next chpter:

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/clementina_16_mason_128kb.mp3
(35:49)

And one more:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/clementina_17_mason_128kb.mp3 (12:58)

linny
Posts: 9270
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » August 22nd, 2017, 6:05 am

Hello Chris,
Please update the initial post so PLers know what your intro is supposed to be. It would really help. Did you want a spot check on section 8? It's listed as PL OK. :?

Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » August 26th, 2017, 8:44 pm

linny wrote:Hello Chris,
Please update the initial post so PLers know what your intro is supposed to be. It would really help. Did you want a spot check on section 8? It's listed as PL OK. :?
Done! And yes, if I could get a spot check on 8 that would be fine.

Thanks!

Jacquerie
Posts: 919
Joined: May 8th, 2009, 7:04 pm
Location: Northern California

Post by Jacquerie » August 27th, 2017, 8:10 am


Post Reply