COMPLET [DUTCH] Statenvertaling: Openbaring van Johannes -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Statenvertaling: de Openbaring van Johannes by Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden ( - 0).

This project is now complete! All the files are in our catalog: https://librivox.org/bible-bijbel-sv-nt-27-de-openbaring-van-johannes-by-statenvertaling/
The Revelation of John in Dutch. De Openbaring of Apokalypse van Johannes is geschreven door de apostel Johannes op het eiland Patmos. Openbaring is het laatste boek van de Bijbel en openbaart wat er geschieden zal in de voleinding der wereld. (description by sv1637)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): Antique hard copy from 1848
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ============================================
    Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Bibles

Keywords that describe the book: bijbel, statenvertaling, revelation of john, openbaring van johannes

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "De Openbaring van Johannes hoofdstuk 1 uit het Nieuwe Testament of alle boeken des Nieuwen Verbonds van onzen Heere Jezus Christus. Dit is een Librivox opname. Alle Librivox opnamen zijn vrij van auteursrechten. Voor meer informatie, of om je aan te melden als vrijwilliger, ga naar librivox PUNT org."
    • Say:
      "Het Nieuwe Testament of alle boeken des Nieuwen Verbonds van onzen Heere Jezus Christus, door last van de Hoog-Mogende Heeren Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden en volgens het besluit van de Synode Nationaal, gehouden te Dordrecht in de jaren 1618 en 1619, uit de oorspronkelijke (Grieksche) taal in onze Nederlandsche getrouwelijk overgezet. De Openbaring van Johannes, hoofdstuk 1."

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "De Openbaring van Johannes hoofdstuk # uit het Nieuwe Testament van onzen Heere Jezus Christus overgezet door last van de Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden. Deze Librivox opname is vrij van auteursrechten."
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "Openbaring hoofdstuk #"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Einde van hoofdstuk # van de Openbaring van Johannes"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Einde van de Openbaring van Johannes uit het Nieuwe Testament of alle boeken des Nieuwen Verbonds van onzen Heere Jezus Christus overgezet door last van de Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename statenvertaling_openbaring_##_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. statenvertaling_openbaring_##_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: Staten Generaal der Vereenigde Nederlanden
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Statenvertaling: de Openbaring van Johannes

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kathrinee
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

See for the scans of the antique hard copy from which I want to read the previous project (gospel of john):
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=63947
i.e. https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sv1637_statenvertaling_scan_titlepage.JPG

This book is the Openbaring van Johannes (Revelation of John) of the Statenvertaling, which is part of the collection https://librivox.org/author/3199

Thank you!
Last edited by sv1637 on October 24th, 2017, 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Hello, I can MC for you again :) I'll be back in a little bit with a Magic Window

ETA:
Everything works the same way as last time:
-you don't have to fill in ID3 tags if you don't want to (it happens automatically when I catalog).
-holler if you need help!

Unless someone comes by quickly and volunteers to prooflisten, I would love to. I don't speak Dutch, but I have some basic German, and if I follow along the text, I'll know what is going on. :) But we can wait here for a few days, maybe someone else comes along. We should add a ~ to the subject line, that means we are looking for a DPL. I'll do that.
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Thanks Kathrine! It would be fine with me if you'd prooflisten, you could at least try how that goes. It is true indeed that Dutch and German are very similar and mutually intelligible. I do read from a hard copy however. But there are some scans of this Bible by the same publisher (British and foreign Bible society) at Google Books. Being a Bible, they probably don't differ at all. But later editions (late 19th century) don't match up.

I'll probably start recording next thursday. But there is time enough to wait for a PL of course as you've written.

EDIT: here is the link to another edition of this Bible from 1844: https://books.google.nl/books?id=_GBQAAAAcAAJ
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Thank you for the link!

Let's move over to Going Solo :)
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I just saw your question in the other thread, will answer here (sorry it took me a while)
sv1637 wrote:I've one question though. Sometimes while listening to a LibriVox recording, there is a minor mistake that slipped through the PL process. Especially with the larger works, such things just happen. No doubt however this is the case with my recording as well sooner or later. So my question is: what if I stumble upon such a mistake? Is it now "case closed" or should I report it?
You can report it. It depends on many things what will be done, if anything (for instance: is it a minor thing or a big repeat, for instance, is the reader still around etc). The right place to do it would be in the Error Reports forum.
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Alright, good to know. Thanks!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Sections 1 and 2 are PL OK! :9: You are doing a great job!
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Great thanks! That is quicker than I thought. I've just added a new one (ch. 3).
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Sections 3, 4, and 5 are PL OK! Keep them coming :thumbs:
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

8-) Thanks!
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

It took a while but there is a new one!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Section 6 is PL OK! :9:
Kathrine
sv1637

Post by sv1637 »

Thanks! And three more! :)
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Wonderful :thumbs:
Kathrine
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Sections 7, 8, and 9 are PL OK!

Only one fix needed for section 10: please amplify the recording by 3, since the volume is a little bit soft. Save with the same filename and upload again. Everything else is great :clap:
Kathrine