COMPLETE: Phenomenology of Mind Vol 1 by Hegel; Tr Baillie -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've removed you as DPL, Cheryl. Thanks for doing what you could!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
maurice

Post by maurice »

hi - thanks for Cheryls for PL-ing the couple that you did. Have now learned now how to do the final column.

have corrected 00 and 01 and uploaded up to s 9.

Hmmm. Deep Hegel might be a difficult sell in finding a new PL ... Understand if I forge on ahead and then have to go back in a few weeks to correct things after finally finding a PL

address for re-uploaded section 00 and 01 looks the same as the previous - assuming the system automatically deletes the previous??

m
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

maurice wrote:hi - thanks for Cheryls for PL-ing the couple that you did. Have now learned now how to do the final column.

have corrected 00 and 01 and uploaded up to s 9.

Hmmm. Deep Hegel might be a difficult sell in finding a new PL ... Understand if I forge on ahead and then have to go back in a few weeks to correct things after finally finding a PL

address for re-uploaded section 00 and 01 looks the same as the previous - assuming the system automatically deletes the previous??

m
Yes - please forge ahead!

And the uploader renames the old file, so it's still preserved if there was a mistake when uploading. The address always stays with the newest version. :)
soupy

Post by soupy »

I'll listen to some of these recordings and see if I want to do them all.

Craig
The world needs some positive fanaticism.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaard on Christianity
Kierkegaards Challenge
soupy

Post by soupy »

Section 0 Translator's Preface

:56 Movements of human history … repeated twice

8:12 P.x reads human experience – you read human existence.

13:24 P xix – (3) to prove … - some repetition here

21:03 P. xix If, as Hegel interpreted … you read Kant for Hegel

23:34 P. xxi the typical form can be, has been – some repetition here

29: 13 P. xxv (3) evolving the inner unity --- you read solving the inner unity

39:44, P. xxxii be found in small type within brackets, at the beginning of the respective sections. – forgot to read at the beginning of the respective sections

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
soupy

Post by soupy »

Section 1 Preface part 1

6:48 P. 5 style of judgment will be relegated to their due – you read regulated to their due –

10:55 P. 7 the holy the eternal religion love – you read external for eternal

11:22 – P. 7 to rescue mankind from being sunken …. You forgot to read in what is sensuous, vulgar, and of fleeting importance

16:41 P. 11 attainment of a general notion of a whole the whole itself – you read of a whole notion the whole itself

19:18 P. 12 but to suppose this blame to attach to its essential – you read attack its essential

End of recording – leave only 5 seconds silence at the end

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've marked the MW to account for the recent PL notes.

Keep in mind, Maurice, that since you asked for standard PL and most of these PL notes are above and beyond standard, it's completely up to you if you want to change them. The PL is offering suggestions. If you would like a less strict PL (or would like to continue with a more strict PL), please say so. :)
soupy

Post by soupy »

3 Preface part 3

1:00 P. 38 consider anyone a geometer who had got Euclid’s theorems – you read hasn’t got

4:17 P. 40 without our knowing anything – you read without our knowledge

9:36 P. 44 content and its truth. This movement includes, therefore – you forgot to read This movement includes

10:43 P. 44 unbroken quiescent whole, that which gets distinctness – you read directness

11:28 P. 45 belongs also to a stage of mental culture that has now passed away. – You read – belongs also to a strange mental culture

14:45 P. 47 predicate. The predicate may be subjectivity or objectivity – you read subjectively and objectively

20:05 P. 50 Universality can be turned to superficial uses - you read university

23:31 P. 52 anything that exists is its self-identity – you read in its self-identity

27:55 P. 55 This along is what is rational, the rhythm of the organic wholesome repetition here

28:40 P. 55 content in an external fashion; the content is in its – you read the concrete is in its

29:16 P. 55 The truth it contains is not to be found – you read The truth contains

30:05 P. 56 is adopted too in order to do away with – you didn’t read do

Ending – leave only 5 seconds of silence

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
maurice

Post by maurice »

hi - thanks S for PLing several of the sections.

I never use emojis, I'm sure that there is something in Leviticus about them; but my reaction well captured by this chap

... :oops:

Will go through and listen to errors and correct the majority but perhaps not all.

m
soupy

Post by soupy »

Ok Great.

Thanks.

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
carteki

Post by carteki »

Hi,
I'm happy to PL a few sections for you.
Can you please make sure that the Magic Window is updated following Soupy's comments. These should read "see PL notes" and when you have fixed them it should read "ready for Spot PL" (which is a far less onerous PL than the initial listen through).
You also need to note the length of the audio in the MW for compilation purposes (right at the end)
In the absence of a DPL it may be an idea to just note where there are PL comments who did them so that you know who to get back to rather than scrolling through vast numbers of forum posts.
Regards
Kim
maurice

Post by maurice »

hi - thanks for pl-ing some sections.

am a newbie; first I'd heard of spot PL.

re timings, I assume you mean that in the notes i should be putting the timings of the recordings - will do.

...In the absence of a DPL it may be an idea to just note where there are PL comments who did them so that you know who to get back to rather than scrolling through vast numbers of forum posts.

didn't understand this I'm afraid.

thanks again

m
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

re timings, I assume you mean that in the notes i should be putting the timings of the recordings - will do.
I think she means the total run time of each file. If the entire file is 17 minutes 42 seconds (including the end silence), you can put 17:42 in the notes field. This helps in 2 ways: (1) Whoever is deciding whether to listen to the files knows how long they're going to be (how much time they have to commit) before downloading the file, and (2) when I catalog the project, I compare the run times given with the run times after the files have been transferred to Archive.org, so that I can be sure there were no weird glitches when the files were transferred.
...In the absence of a DPL it may be an idea to just note where there are PL comments who did them so that you know who to get back to rather than scrolling through vast numbers of forum posts.

didn't understand this I'm afraid.
I've added links to the PL notes. It's not required; it's nice, but not required. :)
soupy

Post by soupy »

Section 0 is PLOK :thumbs:

Section 1 is PLOK :thumbs:

Section 3 is PLOK :thumbs:

Craig

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge
soupy

Post by soupy »

I cleaned section three and reuploaded.

Noted that the beginning says part 3 and the ending says end of part 2.

You might want to change that maurice and then clean the file and upload it again.

Craig

I'm just trying to finish those I proofed earlier.

My Website
Age of Enlightenment
Kierkegaards Challenge