COMPLETE - Sikh Religion Vol 5. by Max Macauliffe-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
carteki

Post by carteki »

Sikh Religion Vol 5. by Max Arthur Macauliffe (1841 - 1913).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-sikh-religion-volume-5-by-max-arthur-macauliffe/

This is one of the first (and still one of the few) comprehensive books about the Sikh religion in the English language. MacAuliffe had extensive access to manuscripts of the Sikh sacred writings (the Granth), as well as support from Sikh scholars and leaders of the time. This volume covers the life and writings of Guru Gorbind Singh, the 10th Guru. This is volume 5 of 6. ( Kim)
You can find completed the completed volumes here.

[*]Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/TheSikhReligionItsGurusSacredWritingsAndAuthorsVol.5MaxArthurMacauliffe
[*]Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

[*]BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6427#6430

Set your recording software to:
Channels: 1 (Mono)
Bit Rate: 128 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz

[*]DURING recording:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
START of recording (Intro)
  • "Section [number] of Sikh Religion Vol 5.. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Sikh Religion Vol 5., by Max Arthur Macauliffe. [Chapter Title per MW]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Section [number] of Sikh Religion Vol 5. by Max Arthur Macauliffe. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter Title per MW]"
END of recording
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Sikh Religion Vol 5., by Max Arthur Macauliffe. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!

[*]AFTER recording
Need noise-cleaning?
Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The new (free) version 1.3.3. of Audacity has much improved noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
Save files as
128 kbps MP3
sikhreligionvol5_##_macauliffe.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. sikhreligionvol5_01_macauliffe.mp3)

[*]Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
[/list]

Any questions?
Please post below
Last edited by carteki on April 27th, 2017, 5:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Kim,
Be happy to MC this for you.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Kim,

I've created the group, but I'm not seeing it right now on a catalog search. I'm not seeing vol 5 on the catalog search either. If you don't see it, suggest that you check again tomorrow. Maybe something going on with the catalog update. I'm not sure if it happens automatically, or if it takes a while before the changes I make are visible.

MaryAnn
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Kim and MaryAnn. Jim
carteki

Post by carteki »

Thank you MaryAnne. The "group" link now works fine :)
The Magic Window is up and running. The last section #42 is actually music hence the addition to the title. Hopefully we have a volunteer who can record these pieces for us.

Cheers
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Is it possible for me to do this as a solo project?
carteki

Post by carteki »

neecheelok70 wrote:Is it possible for me to do this as a solo project?
more than happy.
Mary Anne, can you do the necessary?
You need a proof listener and are you able to do the music in the last section, else you'll need some one for that.
Kim
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. Will a listener volunteer or do I plead? I'll check on the music soon. Jim
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jim and Kim,
I've switched this over to a solo. I've also changed the first post to include the shorter disclaimer for the second and later sections.

As for a PLer, we'll leave the tilde on the title. If no one steps up by the time you post the first section, we can then advertise in the Listeners Wanted forum.

MaryAnn
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, MaryAnn.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Things are a little whacky in MW. I can fix with each submission, but wondered if there is a button that will "magically" and instantly return all to a semblance of sense. Jim
carteki

Post by carteki »

Weird that - it wasn't how I left it ...
Unfortunately best to fix with each submission. Please note that a couple of the long chapters haven't been split as I've left it to the reader.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks for the look (I am sure it was something I did). It's not really a problem, and, yes, I will divide and conquer. All manner of thing shall be well, no?
carteki

Post by carteki »

Looks like you can use https://musescore.org/ in order to get the music done ... Not sure how easy it will be to "write it"!
Once you've done it I'd appreciate a copy of the file which I'll upload to Archive to save future transposers the trouble.
Cheers
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I'm not sure what is whacky about the MW. But if the sections are in the wrong order, you can click and drag them around to change the order.

MaryAnn