COMPLETE - Sikh Religion Vol 5. by Max Macauliffe-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

The numbers are in order, as a result of my adding in a section and then dragging to the top, which re-ordered, but the content is jumbled, so that number 2 is not chapter 2 and so on. When I enter files in future, I can also change the other box. No problem really. Thanks for the word about the music.
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

carteki wrote:Looks like you can use https://musescore.org/ in order to get the music done ... Not sure how easy it will be to "write it"!
Once you've done it I'd appreciate a copy of the file which I'll upload to Archive to save future transposers the trouble.
Cheers
I posted in your other thread, but I do have musescore (though it's free, so that's not really much of a claim), and know how to use it, so I can generate some MIDI tracks, or even actual recordings (digital actual, not physical actual).

EDIT: Here's the first piece for example:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/SRI_RAG_1.zip

I've got it as the default piano, let me know if you think a different instrument would work better.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks. I'll check on that soon.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Ok. As of now, I have heard your rendition of the first piece, have looked at the site and the ten pages of music sheets, and feel completely at a loss. But when I get there, I am going to give it a try. And I know you will lend a hand. And maybe I will work on it sooner.
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

neecheelok70 wrote:Ok. As of now, I have heard your rendition of the first piece, have looked at the site and the ten pages of music sheets, and feel completely at a loss. But when I get there, I am going to give it a try. And I know you will lend a hand. And maybe I will work on it sooner.
Oh, I'm happy to do it all if you want.
Jordan

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Seriously? Please and thank you then. I would so appreciate that.
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

neecheelok70 wrote:Seriously? Please and thank you then. I would so appreciate that.
How will you want the files? Do want the MIDIs and the FLAC?
Jordan

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Sorry, but I haven't a clue.
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

neecheelok70 wrote:Sorry, but I haven't a clue.
Well, it's not something that really needs to be worried about at present, but I think what I'll do is record each track, send them to you, and you can add them to your recording (which is basically just the names of the pieces).
Jordan

neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

OK. And once again, thanks for your help.
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

Right, that's all 42 of them:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/sikhreligionvol5_rags.zip

I have converted them all to mono, and set the volume to 89dB, so you should be able to just add them directly to your finished recording.
Jordan

caddMAN

Post by caddMAN »

Hello, I'm new to LibriVox and looking for my first chance to contribute. Have you found a DPL for this project yet? I'd be happy to help out if not.

Thanks,
Sam
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

FUNNY YOU SHOULD ASK BECAUSE I WAS WONDERING ABOUT THAT MYSELF. NO ONE HAS COME FORTH UNTIL NOW. SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THE SECTIONS ARE SHORT COMPARED TO SOME OF MY OTHER SOLOS, SO I HOPE IT WILL NOT BE TOO BURDENSOME. YES, SAM, WELCOME ABOARD. JIM
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Sam,

I've added you as DPL (dedicated proof listener) for this project.

If you subscribe to this thread, Jim will post when he has a new section ready for PL and that will generate an e-mail back to you that there is a new post in this thread. You can also track sections in your projects that are ready for PL on your reader page here: https://librivox.org/reader/11716

I've entered you into our catalog using your forum name as your catalog name. Let me know if you want to change that. Some folks use their real name, some their forum name, some use another name altogether. It's up to you how you want to appear in the catalog.

As a prooflistener, you'll need to listen and comment on each section. Guidelines on what to listen for are available here: viewtopic.php?p=318667#p318667 There's also an optional quiz if you want to check that your PL comments align with those of an experienced PLer. Jim has chosen "standard" PLing. That's our most common level. I express it as "things that make me go 'huh?'" as a listener. That includes repeats, long silences, distracting background noise. It's easy for a reader to switch words around, and sometimes to read a word differently than it is written. As long as it does not significantly change the meaning of the text (like omitting a "not", or saying a word that is the opposite of what is written), we let those variation pass under "standard" pling.

You will also need to update the status of sections in the MW as you PL them. You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!)

As a PLer, it's pretty simple. There is a drop down field for each section. Just change the status as needed. Only you will change a status to PL OK. So if you have comments on a section, post your comments and change the status to "See PL Notes". When Jim addresses your notes, he will change the status to "ready for spot PL". After you check the changes, if all is OK, then you change the status to "PL OK".

Any questions, please post and we will help you through. Bit of a learning curve, but starting as a DPL is an easy way to get used to the Magic Window, plus you get to listen to an interesting book along the way!

MaryAnn
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, MaryAnn