[COMPLETE] Tales of a Traveller by Washington Irving - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Tales of a Traveller by Washington Irving (1783 - 1859).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/tales-of-a-traveller-by-washington-irving/

Writing under the pseudonym, Geoffrey Crayon, Washington Irving chronicled his travels through Europe in the early 1820’s. He wrote of people he met, places he saw and stories he was told. In fact, much of the work is recounting tales told to him by those with exotic adventures that were waiting to be shared. “Tales of a Traveler” is broken up into four separate parts or “Books,” as Irving called them. The final book is almost a post-script to “Knickerbocker’s History of New York” as he tells stories and describes Manhattan Island and nearby lands as they were almost two hundred years ago. This rough land, still mostly wilderness, had the fingerprints of the early Dutch colonists evident throughout. (Greg Giordano)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/13514
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: VfKP0Xq9

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Washington Irving) : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Irving
    #
    [*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_a_Traveller
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 26
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1824
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: Culture & Heritage; Travel Fiction; Historical Fiction; Literary Fiction; Short Stories/Single Author Collections; Action & Adventure Fiction; Humorous Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: short stories, Europe, essays, 19th century, geoffrey crayon [/size]

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of Tales of a Traveller by Washington Irving. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Tales of a Traveller, by Washington Irving. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of Tales of a Traveller by Washington Irving. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Tales of a Traveller, by Washington Irving. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename talesofatraveller_##_irving_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. talesofatraveller_01_irving_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Washington Irving
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: Tales of a Traveller

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Last edited by GregGiordano on June 15th, 2019, 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi Greg,

Your MW is ready for us! I will move us to Going Solo in the morning!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

icequeen wrote:Hi Greg,

Your MW is ready for us! I will move us to Going Solo in the morning!
Ann,

You are awesome. When I saw that you did your MC magic I quickly entered the chapter titles.

Thanks again for your help!

Take care,

Greg
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

The text says Traveller not Traveler - is this some US spelling or a mistake? If it's a mistake the database needs changing :D

Anne
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

annise wrote:The text says Traveller not Traveler - is this some US spelling or a mistake? If it's a mistake the database needs changing :D

Anne
That is what happens when one types rather than cuts and pastes. The double-''ll" is correct - "Traveller." How do I correct that?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I have changed to double l's in the database. If you want to change it in the title of this thread, there is an edit button at the top right hand side of the post. Click that and you can change it.

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Ann,

Thank you for correcting my error in the database. I went through and believe I have corrected all the errors in the original post. The one instance that I can't correct is the spelling in the header. Do you know how I can correct that?

Thank you again, for helping me get out of this mess!

Take care,

Greg
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

This was an easy one to fix! I added your extra 'l' for you, so now we are all ready to proceed with our travelling!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

icequeen wrote:This was an easy one to fix! I added your extra 'l' for you, so now we are all ready to proceed with our travelling!
I don't know how you did that, but that is why you are an MC and I'm not!

Thank you!

Greg
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 00 has been added!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Ann,

Section 0 is ready for PL.

Thank you!

Greg
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Ann,

Section 1 has just been posted.

Thanks!

Greg
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sections 0 and 1 are PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

icequeen wrote:Sections 0 and 1 are PL OK!
Awesome! Thanks, Ann!
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Ann,

Chapter 2 has been posted. This was my first long recording since getting over a sinus infection. To me it sounds as though my voice gets a bit thin towards the end of the chapter. If you notice that also and feel i need to redo it please let me know. Of course I would rather not but am always willing to do what is right for the integrity of the book.

Thank you!

Greg