[COMPLETE]The Wheat Princess by Jean Webster - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hi there!

I'd like to give this one a try starting with sections 0, 1 and 2 please. :)
Celine
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

MamaGeek wrote:Hi there!

Great. These are all yours. :D
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. Have fun.
MamaGeek wrote:Hi there!

Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Celine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

How wonderful. THank you. I hope you enjoyed them. WOuld you like to continue with 3-5 after finishing with 2?
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Yes I am enjoying it very much and will take 3 thru 6 if that's OK. Frankly I'm used to recording books solo rather than in groups so please tell me if I am hogging too many chapters.:)

Let me know if you need any fixes.

Cheers!! Céline
Celine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

For now, I give you 3-6 as you requested. As far as I am concerned, you can take as many chapters as you like, even the whole book if you wish. What ever you feel comfortable with. Just let me know.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Well I'll let you check the 2 chapters I've uploaded and if you're happy with them I'll take the whole book :) I'll just skip over section 7 since it's already assigned.

If it's a go I'll record several chapters in the next week and check them the following week while there is construction going on around my building. I'll upload them in chunks afterwards. :)

Thanks!

Take care!!!
Celine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

There you go. You have the whole book except 7. take all the time in the world to record it.
Phil, can you put her in as co-bc so that she can manage the mw?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I also saw that 7 has been claimed on april 22th. So according to the two months rule, I releace it and give it to you as well. According to the two months rule, I can open any section after two months if I haven't heard from the reader- which I have not. So have fun with your solo.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Wonderful thanks.

Since I've never done a solo with Librivox before I have a couple of questions when you have a nminute. Do I need to do the Librivox intro before every chapter or is the intro at the beginning enough??

I feel a little stupid but I'm not too sure what you mean by "managing the Magic Window"?

If you think of anything else I should or shouldn't do please let me know. :):)

Thanks!
Celine
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

The magic window appears in the first post. One should enter themre all the chapters including durations, links and proof listening status. As you are the soloist, you can manage it yourself. There are instructions in the librivox wiki as for how to do it. No, as you are the soloist, you can use the abriviated disclaimer at the begining of each chapter. I think it is "Chapter X of ***, this librivox recording is in theppublic domain". You can ask what ever you like. Have a lot of fun.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi Miss Stav. I need to know what you can do in the magic window and what you are unable to do. Please let me know exactly so that I do not overlap and undo something you are trying to do. Can you put in reader claims and post links especially?
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I cannot enter claims. The rest I can do. However, as this is her solo, she has to manage her own window, as far as I know.
MamaGeek

Post by MamaGeek »

Hmmmmmm I seem have to complicated things. Sorry!!!

I've read the notes for 'Solo' projects but I guess things are a bit different since this book was already launched as a group book.

Just let me know what you need me to do. No rush...I can record in the meantime. :)

Thanks
Celine