[COMPLETE] Mystery of the Ravenspurs by Fred M. White-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Good catches! Both worthy of correction in my opinion. I appreciate your pointing them out to me.
On a similar subject, although I may not have mentioned it earlier, if you uncover any flaws in pronunciation, I would definitely like to have them pointed out to me.
I could tell some stories about pronunciations which I have botched over the years .....
:shock: well, in the unlikely event that I would know a correct pronunciation, while you as native speaker of English had it wrong, yes then I would tell you, but I don't think this is likely to happen
Chapter 10 has been patched and re-uploaded.
Chapter 10 excellently corrected and PL ok

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 11 has been posted. Enjoy this one. :wink:

Thanks! :)
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Chapter 11 has been posted. Enjoy this one. :wink:

pooh for a second I had to hold my breath, I was fearing Geoffrey would be the next victim. :shock: I hope he survives the book though. Intriguing scene...who could it have been ? But now since Ralph has been back, the Ravenspurs, though still under ambush, seem to survive any attack.

I found one tiny little error with one of the names mentioned this time, which I thought you might want to correct:

> at 1:45: "Inigo Jones" - you said "Indigo", but this guy is famous, so I thought maybe you want to preserve his name correctly ;)

if you are interested: this is a dining room he had designed, so now you can picture how the Ravenspurs lived:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inigo_Jones#/media/File:Banqueting_House_801.jpg

All the rest, flawless as ever

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Well, as famous as Inigo Jones may be, I had never heard of him. (No surprise there though). Quite a stunning photo in the link you provided! (Although I kind of prefer the name Indigo.) :lol:

Thanks for pointing that out! And that's a perfect example of mispronunciation. See? I can even botch a simple word with only five letters in it. :roll:

Grateful, as always. Chapter 11 has been patched up, and re-uploaded. Thanks!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Well, as famous as Inigo Jones may be, I had never heard of him. (No surprise there though).
ehm, well I'm a bit of an art-buff, so I guess that's why the name was familiar to me... he might not be that famous.

Anyway, as long as you didn't say Indiana Jones, all is fine :mrgreen:
Grateful, as always. Chapter 11 has been patched up, and re-uploaded.
perfectly patched :thumbs: and PL ok now. Looking forward to the next installment.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 12 has been posted. Some late night intrigue in this one. Maybe turn down the lights, if you choose to listen at night. Or not ....

Thanks! And enjoy! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Chapter 12 has been posted. Some late night intrigue in this one. Maybe turn down the lights, if you choose to listen at night. Or not ....
oh I'm far too curious to know what happens next to wait long LOL ok, so Marion is out of the loop, she is a sleepwalker. Nice twist. Still, that could mean she is the involuntary medium of the baddies...

I am not quite sure what Ralph meant by "a good night's work" in the end. So they saw Marion sleepwalking, so what ? He knew that from the beginning. So what have they achieved more now ? :hmm: Intriguing.

This chapter is totally PL ok again :)

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter the 13th has been posted. Enjoy!
Thanks!! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Chapter 13 PL ok

oh why couldn't they open the boxes ? I am so curious what they contain. No further clues in this one, apart from Marion's family on the mother's side being these important folks from Tibet ;)

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Ahh, the boxes. :wink:

Let's see what happens next. Chapter 14 has been posted.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger wrote:Ahh, the boxes. :wink:
Let's see what happens next. Chapter 14 has been posted.
Chapter 14 PL ok. :) Well nothing new here, the likeness of Marion to one of her relatives from Tibet is quite to be expected. Or are we talking re-incarnation here :hmm: But Ralph seems to be adamant not to hurt Marion, so she probably is innocent after all. I guess we need to face her relatives soon.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 15 has been uploaded, posted, and is ready for a listen.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

of course the Princess shows up, why am I not surprised :mrgreen: I wonder what use she has for all these white flowers though :hmm:

Flawless chapter once again and PL ok.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Chapter 16 has been posted. Enjoy!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok in this chapter my suspicion changed from Marion onto Vera :mrgreen: I don't know how or why she would be in contact with the Princess and why she wants to kill all her family, but there are a few suggestions that it might be she:

1) she suggested the white flowers, which were probably exchanged for those that the Princess prepared with the poison
2) Ralph said something in a previous chapter, that everybody would be outraged at his suspicion, that might point to Vera, whom everybody loves
3) Vera was feeling unwell, but maybe she only pretended to make he look like a victim and therefore throw the scent off herself
4) this is a purely "romantical and practical" reason: if Vera is the culprit, the way is free for Marion to come together with her love Geoffrey, which would be a desired happy end for novels of that time :mrgreen:

or maybe I'm wrong altogether. :roll:

Anyway, I loved this chapter as you see. I would only like to mention one tiny note, feel free to ignore it, as I agree, it might sound very picky:

> at 3:09: "And in an unfortunate house like this" - it startled me to hear you say "And in the unfortunate house like this", because I think one would never say "the" in connection with a comparison "like this". :hmm: Just wanted to mention it, even though nobody else might notice it LOL

Otherwise, all perfect.

Sonia