[COMPLETE] Mystery of the Ravenspurs by Fred M. White-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Roger, do you know how much self-restraint I had to muster up this time at the end of the chapter, NOT to read further, whose hand this was :!: But I didn't. I'll wait patiently for your next reading. I am thinking though that it might be Tchigorsky of course. Because he said help would be at hand. I don't think it's a bad guy that will assault him. But we'll see.

So there's easy access into the castle from the vault...a bit careless of a family that is locking themselves in to be safe LOL

This chapter PL ok. :)

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Sonia, I understand how difficult it is to refrain from reading ahead. I commend you for your ability to keep from doing so.
Therefore, I'll not make you wait any longer. :wink:

Chapter 22 has been posted and is ready for a listen.
Thanks!! :)
-- Roger .... pushing on the door of life marked "pull"
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

yay I was right about Tchigorsky :mrgreen:

and now Marion is back in the picture...I still don't trust her. Ok, the author probably resloves it, in that she is innocently dragged into all this, but the way she behaved in this chapter, making herself vulnerable, then kissing Geoffrey on the lips, it's textbook ensnarement. And Geoffrey of course falls into the trap. (I am still on my guards)

No errors this time :) PL ok.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Onward with this bizarre mystery!
Chapter 23 has now been posted. Enjoy!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hmm, Marion wants to have Tchigorsky out of the way, in her pretend-innocent way (I still don't trust her). Good thing Geoffrey is still confiding in Ralph. There are a bit too many secrets handed out to the left and right, and nobody knowing all of it LOL

Found a couple of errors this time, which you probably will want to correct:

> at 7:37: “And now you calmly say you don't want to know anything about it!” – you omitted “want to”, which subtly changes the meaning here, and would be more in line with what Marion said just before, namely that Geoffrey is not eager to know the secret

> at 8:22: “a friend of Uncle Ralph's” – you say “fiend” – definitely change of meaning, if ever there was one :mrgreen: (well in Marion's opinion of course Tchigorsky would be a fiend)

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Gad, I can't believe I said fiend. :roll:
Yeah, definitely changes the meaning. :lol:
Thank you for pointing out both of these errors.

23 has been fixed and re-uploaded.
Thanks!!! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 23 excellently edited :) PL ok now.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Now chapter 24 has been posted and is ready for your excellent PL. Enjoy!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another excellent and flawless chapter. PL ok

So Marion had a twin sister who stayed with the Tibetan side of the family ? :hmm: That's a bit of a stretch though...but the concept of cloning was not yet known back then, so that is not a solution either.

As for the bees...they are probably the same bees that produce this poisonous honey, which Ralph mentioned in an earlier chapter. I remember such things :mrgreen: Mrs May probably imported some from Tibet and they want to exchange them with Vera's bees.

I still don't know the motive for this murderous impulses to destroy the family. Ralph and Tchigorsky really must have found a huge secret there.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

OK then, chapter 25 is now uploaded, posted, and ready for an interesting listen.
Enjoy, and thanks! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh I just hate chapters where animals die :cry: When the dog did not appear to the call, I immediately tensed and thought, I hope the dog is not dead. But of course he was.

The bees are a formidable foe now, I wonder how they want to defend themselves against them. Killing them might prove difficult without being stung themselves.

No errors found this time :) PL ok.

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

I don't like it when animals die either. :( Fortunately we didn't get to know him well beforehand. The only saving grace, if there be any.

Chapter 26 has been posted. Bees.
Thanks! :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

more dead animals, so sad that the entire hive had to die because of the contamination. Well, couldn't be helped. I didn't think it would be that easy to get rid of them.

Excellent chapter again, only found one tiny thing which irked me a bit:

> at 8:05: "The little strip of muslin was strained by alarmed and infuriated bees striving to escape" - you say "and alarmed" which makes the rest of the sentence a bit strange grammatically

Sonia
Roger

Post by Roger »

Perfect catch! I thought there was something wrong with that, but I missed it along the way.

26 has been patched and re-uploaded.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

perfectly edited yet again :) thanks and PL ok

Sonia