[COMPLETE]Child Whispers by Enid Blyton

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Child Whispers by Enid Blyton (1897 - 1968).

This project is now complete. All files can be downloaded from the catalog page here:https://librivox.org/child-whispers-by-enid-blyton//[/color]
[T]his collection of verses [28 poems] is put forward in the hope that it will be a source of sincere enjoyment to the little people of the world. (The author, in her Preface)

• Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/ChildWhispers/page/n3
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: YN3KvjfV

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Enid Blyton) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enid_Blyton

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Child_Whispers
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 8
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1923
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================ [/size]

Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author

Keywords that describe the book:

============================================

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Preface to Child Whispers. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Child Whispers, by Enid Blyton. [section]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Section [number] of Child Whispers by Enid Blyton. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Child Whispers, by Enid Blyton. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename childwhispers_##_blyton_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. childwhispers_01_blyton_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: annise
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]

Librivox Forum
Last edited by KevinS on June 28th, 2019, 4:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I thought the introduction would be given Section 0 and that four poems would be read in each of seven succeeding sections.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Okay, I've gotten all the poems recorded.

We just need a DPL and a BC and we'll be good to go!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think you might need an MC, which is why you posted here :D . And I trust you are the BC ? And you've already asked for a DPL by adding the tilde to the first line ?
I'll set it up anyhow - if I've got it wrong and you didn't want an MC just let me know :D

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: June 27th, 2019, 4:04 pm I think you might need an MC, which is why you posted here :D . And I trust you are the BC ? And you've already asked for a DPL by adding the tilde to the first line ?
I'll set it up anyhow - if I've got it wrong and you didn't want an MC just let me know

Anne
Ooops, you're right!

And I thought I knew all the lingo!

Please. And thank you!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

All done
We both knew what you meant, but it is confusing to newbies who sometimes seem to search the forums and latch onto any incorrect statement and use it as a guide :(

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Last edited by KevinS on June 28th, 2019, 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Many thanks to Peter Why for recommending this work!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

My pleasure.

For an adult, they're very strange poems, but apparently the collection is still very popular with children.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

You could put an ad in listeners wanted rather than change the title field, it's better to use the standard pathways, less confusing all round.
It's less than 30 minutes work I'd mention that too.

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

annise wrote: June 28th, 2019, 4:41 pm You could put an ad in listeners wanted rather than change the title field, it's better to use the standard pathways, less confusing all round.
It's less than 30 minutes work I'd mention that too.

Anne
Oh, of course.

Will do!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I would be glad to PL these for you, Kevin.
And, still waiting for one more story in you Hemingway solo, or did I miss it?
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

silverquill wrote: June 28th, 2019, 4:54 pm I would be glad to PL these for you, Kevin.
And, still waiting for one more story in you Hemingway solo, or did I miss it?
Thank you, thank you!

And, yes, I've been negligent. It's fear more than anything else. It's the story I really want to make right and my editing is still that of an amateur. But I will get on it. The whole book ought to be read by those interested and not, sitting as it is, in limbo.

Thank you again for all you've done for me and LibriVox.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

DPL added - moving to going solo.

Anne