[COMPLETE]Pollyanna, by Eleanor H. Porter-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Attempting my first solo! A little nervous.
I hope I did this right. Please let me know.
I'm using the version on Gutenberg, but am unsure how to find the copyright year to fill out the template (?).

"Pollyanna" by Eleanor H. Porter (1868 - 1920).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/pollyanna-version-4-by-eleanor-h-porter/

Spinster Polly Harrington is perfectly content to be in control of her comfortable life, even if is she alone in a big house. But then a letter arrives informing her she is the guardian to her young orphaned niece, and she as well as the whole town quickly learns that life will never be the same with Pollyanna around to help them count their blessings. ( thestorygirl)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/1450
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

[list]
    [*] Project Code: 4GStLIF4

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Eleanor H. Porter) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleanor_H._Porter

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollyanna
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have:
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: No
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1913
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? thestorygirl Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?: https://booklearned.wordpress.com/
============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Family

Keywords that describe the book: children, orphans, family, girl, community, happy

============================================ [/size]

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Chapter [number] of "Pollyanna". This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    ""Pollyanna", by Eleanor H. Porter. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Chapter [number] of "Pollyanna" by Eleanor H. Porter. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Chapter]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of "Pollyanna", by Eleanor H. Porter. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.

[*]Example filename pollyannav4_##_porter_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. pollyannav4_01_porter_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Eleanor H. Porter
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: "Pollyanna"

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader:https://librivox.org/login/uploader
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I'll MC for you! Back in a moment with your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, your MW is ready for you, but you have a little bit of homework to complete first. Here is the link for the instructions to get into the MW. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ Please do this as soon as possible, so that you can fill in your section titles. Make sure you are not logged into the uploader, that has a different password than the workflow system (MW). Once you can log into the workflow, you won't need to use the separate password for the uploader. Let me know if you have any problems!

You had most of the template correct, great job! I gave you 32 sections since there are 32 chapters, if you need more sections we can always add more. Also, I changed the text link to the book's main page. It gives the listener more options for downloading if that is what they would like to do. If you have any questions, please ask! We will wait here a day or two to see if we can pick up a DPL.

Oh, also, since this is the 4th version of Pollyanna (which I am assuming is OK with you, that you are reading a book that has already been done), I have added v4 to the file name.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

OK, thanks! I will try to work on that this afternoon.

Looking for an encouraging DPL who will help motivate me to complete this! :D
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

Hi,
I'd be happy to be your DPL for your project. :)

Cheers,
Betty
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Great! Thanks so much!
Getting to work right now. :D
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

*It's funny we have one on the east coast, west coast, and I'm in the Midwest. :lol:
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

I am having trouble signing into the MW. I click 'Forgot Password' and it promises to send me an email, but I receive no such email.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

libraryanne wrote:Hi,
I'd be happy to be your DPL for your project. :)

Cheers,
Betty

You are now listed as DPL, Betty, thank you! :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

thestorygirl wrote:I am having trouble signing into the MW. I click 'Forgot Password' and it promises to send me an email, but I receive no such email.
OK, let me talk to the super admins to see if we can get your email sent to you. To ask the obvious question, did you check your spam filter? At one time, we had problems with certain email providers, I want to say Hotmail, would not allow people to receive an email from us. But, let me check to see if there is something else that we can do.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Yes, I checked spam.
Funny thing is that it did alert me to the fact I got a PM from you, but no link for MW.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

thestorygirl wrote:Yes, I checked spam.
Funny thing is that it did alert me to the fact I got a PM from you, but no link for MW.
The forum and the workflow are separate, they both have their own software that does not affect each other. Hopefully, we will be in business tonight!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Done!
I can do this! :9:
Thanks!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Awesome! Since you are in, and have filled in the MW, we are ready to move over to Going Solo! :clap:
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Just want you to know I'm not dead. I actually have the first five chapters recorded, but I missed the end of the recording parts that I will have to add in, and I haven't been able to get to my 'studio' lately. Was going to yesterday but we were without power.

I am a bit slow-pokey, but I'll get 'er done.