COMPLETE - Viajes de Gulliver - Jonathan Swift-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah nice, the project is progressing. So I hope you are feeling better.

Just listened to section 20 and I only found a few little notes to make, which are quickly corrected:

> 0:24-1:12: “La escuela…pensamiento de Cicero” the entire beginning is repeated at 1:12. Could you cut out one version please ?

> at 10:56: “B un regimiento” – you inserted something like “larega” after B :hmm:

> at 11:42: “mis observacioncillas” – you only say “observaciones”, but I suppose it means the same, so I guess no need to correct this one

Section 21 will follow soon. Need a bit of a break now

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 21 is totally PL ok. :thumbs: I could not remember at all this island where Gulliver was talking to historical persons ! It's been a long time since I last read this book. :lol:

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hello again!, well i´ve uploaded a short chapter and i corrected the 20. I erased the repited part, but... the "B larga" you heard is because here in Latin America we differenciate the v (v corta) de la b (b larga) . In Spain they use Be (for b) and uve (for v) but well i hope any spanish people can understand the meaning of "be larga". About "observacioncillas" (let skip that correction because is the same meaning and if i change it it will be noticed) :wink:
Have a nice weekend Sonia!!!
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:well i´ve uploaded a short chapter and i corrected the 20. I erased the repited part, but... the "B larga" you heard is because here in Latin America we differenciate the v (v corta) de la b (b larga) . In Spain they use Be (for b) and uve (for v) but well i hope any spanish people can understand the meaning of "be larga". About "observacioncillas" (let skip that correction because is the same meaning and if i change it it will be noticed) :wink:
thanks ! I was already wondering about the B larga and I understand what you mean. The B and V sound in Spanish are often very similar, depending in what area of Spain you are talking to people. I always found that puzzling.

Anyway: Section 20 is PL ok now

I understood a lot in Section 22 !!! Maybe I am already becoming better in Spanish, thanks to listening to you all this time. :9: I found your attempts at the luggnaggian language very entertaining LOL :thumbs: This section is also PL ok.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Ok, we have done the 3rd part with these ones. Just the last part, and we have finished!!!!!!!! :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah the infamous Struldbruggs. I remember creeped me out extremely. The thought of living forever in this piteous state is horrifying :cry:

I have two notes for you for section 23, as I'm not sure whether the grammar is correct:

> at 3:00: “y entusiasmo excla” (p. 64) – you say “excla”, not sure if that is exactly the same, or important to correct ?

> at 17:18: “porque siquiera conseguian” (p.72) – you say “ni siquiera” is that the same, because it sounds to me like exactly the opposite ?

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

also checked the shorter section 24. All well read again. I couldn't remember that he went to Japan LOL

I find it astonishing that his wife is always happy to see after being absent so long. I mean, he is barely home all these years. :hmm:

one small note, probably trivial though:

> at 6:08: “aquel uso para que me dejasen” – here you insert “como”, maybe no change of meaning though, just wanted to mention it

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hey Sonia! I uploaded a new chapter and fiked the error in section 23
About the second error you mentioned in that chapter both "siquiera" or "ni siquiera" is the same so i havent changed it,
Siquiera es un adverbio que significa ‘por lo menos o tan solo’ y se usa para establecer el límite mínimo aceptable de algo: Quédate un rato siquiera, Necesito siquiera cinco minutos para pensarlo.Ni siquiera suele aparecer cuando enfatizamos la negación de un suceso que se considera lo mínimo esperable: Ni siquiera mi profesor ha sabido darme la respuesta, Ni siquiera su hermano ha ido a visitarlo a la clínica.
Same in section 24 where the aditino of the word "como" doesnt change at all the meaning
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Hey Sonia! I uploaded a new chapter and fiked the error in section 23
About the second error you mentioned in that chapter both "siquiera" or "ni siquiera" is the same so i havent changed it,
Siquiera es un adverbio que significa ‘por lo menos o tan solo’ y se usa para establecer el límite mínimo aceptable de algo: Quédate un rato siquiera, Necesito siquiera cinco minutos para pensarlo.Ni siquiera suele aparecer cuando enfatizamos la negación de un suceso que se considera lo mínimo esperable: Ni siquiera mi profesor ha sabido darme la respuesta, Ni siquiera su hermano ha ido a visitarlo a la clínica.
Same in section 24 where the aditino of the word "como" doesnt change at all the meaning
thanks, I understood your grammatical explanation. :thumbs: So that means you have not changed section 24 ? Because you marked it ready for Spot PL which is not necessary then. I'll mark both 23 and 24 PL ok now.

On to the next chapter...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Great, I just listened to the next chapter. I had to laugh when I first heard you say Houynhmhm :lol: So well done :thumbs: (a bit of an accent maybe, but nobody is perfect :mrgreen: )

Section 25 also PL ok.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Iñ´m glad you enjoyed teh languages of these strange horses, even if they have a bit of accent lol (argentinian accent you mean?, or horses accent?)
You are great to work with Sonia, really you have encouraged me to keep on with this gulliver´s travel because is a really loooong travel
PD: You are right about Gulliver´s wife. If it were I he doesent be so lucky and i ´ve ben married again and put some legal action to get the kids living with him.
I uploaded chapter 2
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:Iñ´m glad you enjoyed teh languages of these strange horses, even if they have a bit of accent lol (argentinian accent you mean?, or horses accent?)
:lol: no I actually wanted to make a joke. I meant you don't have the "real" horse accent ;) just like Gulliver had his trouble with the language, so it fits very well. I noticed you say the words differently when it's the horses saying them :thumbs: nice touch to be genuine
You are right about Gulliver´s wife. If it were I he doesent be so lucky and i ´ve ben married again and put some legal action to get the kids living with him.
:lol: yes me too I think. And did I understand this correctly in the last chapter ? Is she pregnant again and then he leaves her ? So he only comes home, make his wife pregnant and departs again....seriously... :roll:
I uploaded chapter 2
and it's PL ok again :thumbs: although be careful to the initial 0.5-1 seconds again, you start a bit abruptly here.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Uploaded section 27 and 28. step by step....
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

both sections perfectly read and PL ok :thumbs:

I am sure you are relieved when you don't have to say Houyhnmhm anymore LOL

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Uploadel until section 31, dont recommended for feminists :oops: