COMPLETE - Viajes de Gulliver - Jonathan Swift-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 29 checked. Pooh this seemed like a looooong chapter, and the whole discussion about the cow was a bit tedious LOL (not sure I got every detail that was said there :roll: )

Two things need to be corrected:

> at 16:07-16:34 and 16:35-17:02: repeat of a long part: “En laberinto tal puede […] desenredado el negocio.” You can cut out one of them

> you forgot the 5 seconds at the end. You cut off abruptly ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 30 checked and PL ok :thumbs:

only one left...but I need a break now

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And Section 31 also PL ok. The Houynhmhms start to sound a bit too full of themselves for my taste LOL I think it's time for Gulliver to leave this place.

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Sections 32 and 33 are here. And i corrected the one you mentioned. Fewer and fewer left, Sonia!!!! this is a loong voyage of Gulliver!!!
One book to rule them all and in the Public Domain bind them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you. Section 29 is Spot PL ok.

The other two have to wait a bit. I have PLed quite a lot already today and I think I need a rest for now.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 32 checked and I only found a minor error in the Latin quotation.

> at 7:06: "Nihil caballini a me alienum puto" – you say “pulo”, but this is actually a deviation from the Latin expression (from wikipedia: Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto es un proverbio latino que significa "Hombre soy; nada humano me es ajeno".) Of course they put “horse” instead of “human” here :lol:

Section 33 will be checked later during the day :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 33 again PL ok. :thumbs:

I adored learning a lot of new vocabulary, some unspeakable sounds all ending with yahoooooo :lol: Extremely well done !

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

Hey Sonia, believe it or not ..... once this chapters are PL OK, we have finished!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: yeah i miscalculated the number of sections so there are 3 more than should be (by the way i dont know how to erase them) Well, later I´ll thank you for all your nice and kind work, but previosuly let me excuse for my mistakes in Latin. I learned a lot about speaking as a horse but my knowledge of latin is under zero! ok tomorrow I' ll change the mistake you spotted, today I was just keen on finishing this very loooong Gulliver's travel
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:shock: you finished them all already !!!! Ok, I checked the first chapter for now, and it's PL ok. :clap:

Will try to PL the two other today still. Tomorrow at the latest.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Section 35 also PL ok. You make it easy for me in the final round :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and the final section is also PL ok WOHOOOOO. Only one edit to make and then this can be archived

What a trip ! But I noticed at the end the Spanish was much more comprehensible already to me than in the beginning. It's really a great way to get to know a language. More people should do this :)

Thanks for the great reading :9:

Sonia
phileasfogg

Post by phileasfogg »

O k O k O k, here we are Sonia, thanks a lot for your excellent DPL; and Mary Ann thanks again for your work. I hope both of you a nice rest of the year, and i say not goodbye but see you soon. Thanks!!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

phileasfogg wrote:O k O k O k, here we are Sonia, thanks a lot for your excellent DPL; and Mary Ann thanks again for your work. I hope both of you a nice rest of the year, and i say not goodbye but see you soon. Thanks!!
and this is it: the Latin is perfectly corrected, final section is PL ok.

And that means: this project can get released onto an unsuspecting world :mrgreen: Great job and it was great fun. And I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the board :)

Sonia
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here: https://librivox.org/viajes-de-gulliver-by-jonathan-swift/