[COMPLETE] Stories from Tagore - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
shashankjakhmola

Post by shashankjakhmola »

Stories from Tagore by Rabindranath Tagore (1861 - 1941).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/stories-from-tagore-by-rabindranath-tagore/
This book was converted from its physical edition to the digital format by a community of volunteers. You may find it for free on the web ( Amazon)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/33525
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Short works

Keywords that describe the book: Tagore, stories for children, Indian stories, classic Indian tales

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of Stories from Tagore. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Stories from Tagore, by Rabindranath Tagore. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of Stories from Tagore by Rabindranath Tagore. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Stories from Tagore, by Rabindranath Tagore. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename storiesfromtagore_##_tagore_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. storiesfromtagore_01_tagore_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: craigdav1
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Are you looking for a DPL for this collection of stories. If so, I will happily volunteer. Also, will you be reading the vocabulary lists at the close of each story? You might ask if this is expected, unless you wish to include them.

I have heard so much about this author and have never read a word. Embarrassing, isn't it? I hope to make up for my neglect.
shashankjakhmola

KevinS wrote: October 21st, 2019, 3:56 pm Are you looking for a DPL for this collection of stories. If so, I will happily volunteer. Also, will you be reading the vocabulary lists at the close of each story? You might ask if this is expected, unless you wish to include them.

I have heard so much about this author and have never read a word. Embarrassing, isn't it? I hope to make up for my neglect.
Sure, you can DPL. I don't think I will read the vocabulary list. I have grown up listening to Tagore, so this will be interesting.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MW coming up.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Welcome first-time BC
This project is now set up in the database. Since this will be your first project as soloist/book coordinator (BC), you will need to set up a password for access to the workflow system so you can enter the information into the section compiler which then appears in the "Magic Window" in the top post. Here are some links to detailed instructions for logging into the system and setting a password the first time, as well as for entering and editing information in the section compiler.

First Time Logging in to the Workflow
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs/edit

Instructions for BCs and DPLs
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ/edit

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC's:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

ID3 tags will be added during cataloging so you don't need to add them to your files.

If you have any questions, let me know. Sections can be added by you or deleted by me. The ninth story will likely need to be done in two sections as we limit sections to 74m and it likely will be more than 80m (Story 9, Part 1 and Story 9, Part 2). Rather than saying chapter # or section # I would suggest saying Preface, Story 1, Story 2, etc. in the intro and outro. I'll leave this thread in the Launch Pad for a day or two before I move it to the Going Solo forum.

I've added some information to the MW merely as a suggestion. When you upload a section, it's your responsibility to add the link and duration (mm:ss) to the Magic Window. The link from the uploader goes in the "Listen URL" column, duration goes in the "notes" column. You also change the "status" to "Ready for PL". Be sure to post in the thread that a new section is ready for PL so your DPL knows there is something new.
Some of the contents of the MW will appear in the final project page that listeners see and it will be used to create the ID3 tags that appear on their mp3 player. Again, welcome to your first solo project.
DaveC
shashankjakhmola

craigdav1 wrote: October 22nd, 2019, 6:24 am Welcome first-time BC
This project is now set up in the database. Since this will be your first project as soloist/book coordinator (BC), you will need to set up a password for access to the workflow system so you can enter the information into the section compiler which then appears in the "Magic Window" in the top post. Here are some links to detailed instructions for logging into the system and setting a password the first time, as well as for entering and editing information in the section compiler.

First Time Logging in to the Workflow
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs/edit

Instructions for BCs and DPLs
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ/edit

A version of the above is also in the LibriVox wiki in case you can't access Google Docs for some reason.
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/BC's:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

ID3 tags will be added during cataloging so you don't need to add them to your files.

If you have any questions, let me know. Sections can be added by you or deleted by me. The ninth story will likely need to be done in two sections as we limit sections to 74m and it likely will be more than 80m (Story 9, Part 1 and Story 9, Part 2). Rather than saying chapter # or section # I would suggest saying Preface, Story 1, Story 2, etc. in the intro and outro. I'll leave this thread in the Launch Pad for a day or two before I move it to the Going Solo forum.

I've added some information to the MW merely as a suggestion. When you upload a section, it's your responsibility to add the link and duration (mm:ss) to the Magic Window. The link from the uploader goes in the "Listen URL" column, duration goes in the "notes" column. You also change the "status" to "Ready for PL". Be sure to post in the thread that a new section is ready for PL so your DPL knows there is something new.
Some of the contents of the MW will appear in the final project page that listeners see and it will be used to create the ID3 tags that appear on their mp3 player. Again, welcome to your first solo project.
DaveC
Thanks for setting the whole thing up. Will soon get to adding stories to MW.
shashankjakhmola

Preface added.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Moving to Going Solo forum.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Preface is PL OK! A wonderful clean and smooth tone to your recording. Flawless reading.

I wonder if, given that the vocabulary words are not to be read, if mention of them in the preface can be eliminated.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

KevinS wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 6:12 pm I wonder if, given that the vocabulary words are not to be read, if mention of them in the preface can be eliminated.
Interesting point. It is the policy of LV not to require the reading of footnotes and other sections that are not part of the main text. The main text though must be read "as is." Perhaps the mention in the preface of the vocabulary words will cause some listeners to download the book.
shashankjakhmola

Story 1 and 2 added and ready for PL
shashankjakhmola

Story 3 also added :D
shashankjakhmola

Story 4 added and ready for PL
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I'm sorry I have not gotten to these stories yet. I hope to be more industrious tomorrow!
shashankjakhmola

KevinS wrote: October 27th, 2019, 7:57 pm I'm sorry I have not gotten to these stories yet. I hope to be more industrious tomorrow!
It's alright. I'll keep adding them nevertheless.