SOLO History of the Reformation Vol 1 by Merle d'Aubigné-tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century, Volume 1 by J H Merle d'Aubigné (1794 - 1872). Translated by Henry Beveridge (1837 - 1929)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: http://librivox.org/history-of-the-reformation-in-the-sixteenth-century-volume-1-by-jean-henri-merle-daubigne/
The History of the Reformation by Jean-Henri Merle d’Aubigné is a classic work on the great events that re-opened the Christian gospel to a needy world. It tells the story of outstanding people who had a love for God and his word, and who dared to present biblical truths which had been obscured for centuries. The book has helped and encouraged Christians through difficult times, and given them an understanding of the background from which our freedom in the faith has come.

D’Aubigné was a Swiss Protestant pastor. He was also a historian with a great understanding of the Bible, along with a broad and deep knowledge of the Reformation. This great work of his is made up of five volumes. Volume 1, the subject of this recording, comprises five books: Book 1 – State of Matters before the Reformation; Book 2 – Youth, Conversion, and First Labours of Luther (1483-1517); Book 3 – The Indulgences and Theses; Book 4 – Luther before the Legate (May-December 1518).
( Christopher Smith)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/files/40858/40858-h/40858-h.htm
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century, Volume 1. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century, Volume 1, by J H Merle d'Aubigné. Translated by Henry Beveridge. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century, Volume 1 by J H Merle d'Aubigné. Translated by Henry Beveridge. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of History of the Reformation in the Sixteenth Century, Volume 1, by J H Merle d'Aubigné. Translated by Henry Beveridge (1837 - 1929)"

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename reformation1_##_daubigne_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. reformation1_01_daubigne_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

Fiddlesticks has kindly agreed to DPL this project
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

checking in as DPL! I am looking forward to this new project :D
~Tiffany
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You're set up.

I've dramatically reduced the file name. :) No apostrophe or accented E in the file name for the author, please!
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Thanks Tiffany and Tricia - that's great! :D
Chris
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Tricia, please can I have one more section in the magic window - I miscounted :oops:
Thanks,
Chris
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Done - although I think you can add sections yourself. Do you see a button when you're in the MW that says Add New Section?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

TriciaG wrote:Done - although I think you can add sections yourself. Do you see a button when you're in the MW that says Add New Section?
Thanks Tricia - I've found the button now!
Chris
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Here we go, beginning with the Preface! Uploaded and ready for PL please.
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

The preface is PL OK!

I think this will be a very good listen :D
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Thanks Tiffany, and the more I get into it, the more I know it's going to be a blessing to me to read. :D

Chapter 1 of Book 1 is now ready for PL.
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Section 1 needs 10 seconds of silence at the end, right now it only has 6.
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Thanks Tiffany - it's been a while since I recorded anything with sections longer than 30 minutes, and I'd forgotten the ten second rule! I've corrected Section 1. I've done the same for the Preface which was also longer than 30 minutes.

I've also uploaded Chapter 2 for PL.
Chris
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

Sections 3 and 4 now uploaded and ready for PL please.
Chris
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Great! I will have time to catch up tomorrow :D
~Tiffany
ChrisMS

Post by ChrisMS »

fiddlesticks wrote:Great! I will have time to catch up tomorrow :D
Thanks Tiffany - the problem with this book is that I'm finding the account so gripping and fascinating that it's difficult to put down! :lol:
Chris