[SOLO] War & Peace Vol 3 by Tolstoy (Dole) - maryann

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
textdog

Post by textdog »

Hi Maryann,

You're a great reader/recorder and I especially love your solo job on War and Peace. I'd love to help proof listen. Do you think you will be continuing the recordings?

-- TYing
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

TYing,

Thank you for your encouraging words. I do plan to finish this volume, and volume 4, but I have not had the energy for a while. Just Real Life stuff going on right now which makes it difficult to read anything other than a section here and there.

I appreciate hearing from you!

MaryAnn
textdog

Post by textdog »

No problem! I understand and I hope things calm down for you for your sake. Thank you for all your work so far. Good luck!
RClistener

Post by RClistener »

Hey I'm a big fan of this recording. Are there at plans to finish it?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks for reaching out RC.

Yes, I do plan to finish it. I've been having a difficult time finding time to record because of some RL (real life) challenges. I hope that they will resolve such that I'll be back to recording by the fall.

MaryAnn
RClistener

Post by RClistener »

Totally understand. Thanks for all the work you've already done. Its been a pleasure listening.
JNolt

Post by JNolt »

I just finished listening to Vol 1 & 2 and started listening to Vol 3. I really enjoy the clear, well done recordings. Just curious if you still have plans to finish this recording?
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thank you for your kind words. It's very encouraging to me.

In answer to your question, well, yes, at some point, which is why I've left it as a pending solo. But I've had some changes in real life that make recording much more difficult now. So it's a question of getting on top of the things I must do and making time and place for the things I want to do ... so that I can pick up the recording habit again. I do miss it, and I look forward to being bit by the bug again. Once I can get started and get a bit of momentum behind me, I'm sure it will flow along nicely through the rest of Vol 3 and hopefully Vol 4.

MaryAnn
XofSpades

Post by XofSpades »

Same as @JNolt. Would love to listen to volumes 3 and 4.
Thanks for your time!