COMPLETE Honey-Bee by Anatole France - icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Honey-Bee by Anatole France (1844 - 1924). Translated by Mrs. John Lane (1853 - 1927)

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/honey-bee-by-anatole-france/

A sweet fairy-tale, Honey-Bee tells the story of two children raised as brother and sister, but who are not. One day they venture out to find the lake where the nixies dwell, though they are forbidden to do so. On this ill-fated journey, young George is kidnapped by the nixies and little Honey-Bee is captured by the dwarves. The tale tells of their seven years in captivity, and has some lessons on morality and love.
( Kate Follis)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/25405
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    [list] ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
    [*] Project Code: CHjTzZfn

[*]Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): (Anatole France) : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatole_France

[*]Link to title on Wikipedia (if available): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatole_France#Prose_fiction
    [*]Number of sections (files) this project will have: 8
    [*]Does the project have an introduction or preface [y/n]: Yes
    [*]Original publication date (if known): 1883
    [*]If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog? Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:
============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales; Fantastic Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales

Keywords that describe the book: children, fairy tale, nixies, dwarves

============================================ [/size]

[*]The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
START of recording (Intro):
  • "Section[number] of Honey-Bee by Anatole France. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
  • If you wish, say:
    "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
  • Say:
    "Honey-Bee, by Anatole France. Translated by Mrs. John Lane [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
  • "Section [number] of Honey-Bee by Anatole France. Translated by Mrs. John Lane This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
  • If you wish, say:
  • Only if applicable, say:
    "[Chapter title]"
END of recording:
  • At the end of the section, say:
    "End of [Section]"
  • If you wish, say:
  • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
    "End of Honey-Bee, by Anatole France. Translated by Mrs. John Lane (1853 - 1927)"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

[*]Example filename honeybee_##_france_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. honeybee_01_france_128kb.mp3)

[*]Example ID3 V2 tags
Artist: Anatole France
Title: ## - [Section title]
Album: Honey-Bee

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
  • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
    (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
  • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: icequeen
  • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
  • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
Please post below[/list]
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Need an MC, and also looking for a dedicated proof-listener.
The book is short (about 56 pages) and each chapter would be only about 5 minutes, so I am combining multiple chapters per section. So, one preface section, and 22 chapters divided into 7 sections.
One other quick note: the project generator automatically added the life time range for the translator - is that necessary to read (1853-1927)? She is also listed on the book as Mrs. John Lane, so that's how I'll read it, though I did do due diligence and found that her name was Annie Philippine Eichberg Lane.
Kate Follis
I love to read, AND my employer matches my volunteer hours with a donation to the Internet Archive, flagged to benefit Librivox.org. How cool is that?
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

I’d love to DPL. This story looks quite interesting.
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I can MC this one for you, Kate! Back in a moment with your MW!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

queenk8 wrote: April 15th, 2019, 6:20 pm Need an MC, and also looking for a dedicated proof-listener.
The book is short (about 56 pages) and each chapter would be only about 5 minutes, so I am combining multiple chapters per section. So, one preface section, and 22 chapters divided into 7 sections.
One other quick note: the project generator automatically added the life time range for the translator - is that necessary to read (1853-1927)? She is also listed on the book as Mrs. John Lane, so that's how I'll read it, though I did do due diligence and found that her name was Annie Philippine Eichberg Lane.

Your MW is up and Elsie is in as your DPL! I will move us as soon as I know that everyone has seen what I have done.

I cleaned up your first post a little bit. I took out the birth and death dates for the translator, and you can read her name as it is listed in the book, or you can say her first name. That is totally up to you as to how you want to handle it, and either way is fine.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Perfect! Thank you, Ann and Elsie. I'll get my section titles input in the morning.
And I appreciate the clean-up!
Kate Follis
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Moving on to Going Solo!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Section 0 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/honeybee_00_france_128kb.mp3
3:38
(This is the translator's intro, so I read her full name instead of just initials at the end.)
Kate Follis
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Kate Follis
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Sorry for not being present! Finals week just finished for me so I’ll PL these sections in the next 3 days.
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 0 is PL OK :)
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Thanks, Elsie!
Hope the finals all went well! I've been traveling a few days so have been away myself. Work the PLing in when you can, no pressure!
Kate Follis
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 1 PL OK :thumbs:
queenk8

Post by queenk8 »

Section 2 is ready for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/honeybee_02_france_128kb.mp3
26:21

It's a long weekend and the weather is expected to continue to drizzle, so I should be able to make a lot of progress!
Kate Follis
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 2 is PL OK :thumbs: