[COMPLETE] A History of England, Charles Oman-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

14 PL OK.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Just checking in - I haven't abandonned this. Section 15 is recorded and starting to be edited.
Pattymarie
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

:thumbs:
Anne
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

13:24-13:25 Snapping sound suggests an error of some sort that I am not hearing.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Wow! That was fast, Craig. No it wasn't an error, just a clicking noise I don't know the cause of. It's visual representation served as a convenient place marker during some other editing around it and then I forgot to remove it. BTW how did you find the general sound quality of this file, especially background noise? I recorded it out in my living room, which is much more pleasant than in the small back room I've been recording in because the living room is too near the kitchen where I was using a very noisy refrigerator that turned 20 years old this year. Last week a one-year-old fridge turned up at a little second hand store I pass almost everyday and have bought several things from. At the bargain price they were asking for the same brand, smaller model than my old one, I snapped it up even though the old one was working fine, just noisily. According to the results I get searching for how long a refrigerator is supposed to last, its longevity is extraordinary; I've been apprehensive that it might give out any day now. I can't bring myself to have it carted out yet since its size is better, and it looks great 'cause I've treated it well. Its long life may be due to my using it gently at the lower demanding settings - they kept the ice hard and the food cold enough. I'm wondering if getting the screwed down metal plate off the back and cleaning the coils, maybe putting in a new compressor -- I've just learned about all that from searching the net and watching videos at YouTube -- might quiet it down and keep it going.

Right now I'm using the new one so it's much quieter in the living room than it was there before, but not as quiet as the back room. Bumping up the noise-reduction level in Audacity caused more tinny hollow sound then I wanted. I decided the chapter on Richard I, whom I don't admire a lot, could be a guinea pig.

Here's the new file with the click snipped out. It just lost half a second of duration for 29:01:5

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/historyofengland_15_oman.mp3
Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

15 PL OK.

File sounds fine!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Here's section 16.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/historyofengland_16_oman.mp3 38:52

I did so much re-reading and editing on this one, I'll be amazed if there aren't some glitches I missed. :roll:
Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

10:18-10:24 silence should be shorten to no more than 3-4s.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

16 PL OK!

Don't forget to add your file links and times to the MW.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Here's section 17

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/his ... 7_oman.mp3 20:45

Edit: Craig, I remembered I hadn't cut out a lengthy repetition between 3:14 and I've forgotten where, but the repeated passage is "Deprived of the hope of succor from France . . . restore them to possession of their estates." You don't need to track the timing of that. I've corrected it already. Just let me know if there are any other errors before I upload the new file.
Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

The only repeat is the one you mention at 3:14.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Thanks, Craig. Here's the corrected file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/his ... 7_oman.mp3 20:04
Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

17 PL OK.