Post by pattymarie »

Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

18 PL OK.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I'm sorry Craig, but section 18 wasn't quite PL OK because of a mistake I noticed after I'd uploaded. As it was uploading I suddenly wondered whether I'd remembered to say "End of section 18, end of chapter 11" at the end, and upon checking I found that I had I read "1262" as the last word of the chapter when it's 1272. I've re-recorded the last sentence of the section, pasted it in and will upload the new file in a minute.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Here's section 18 with the last sentence corrected.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/his ... 8_oman.mp3

Duration 21:43
Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

18 PL OK.

1272 it is! Traveling for the next month so I may be a bit tardy in my PL chores.
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

No, problem. I'll be visiting my parents from Jan. 16 through Feb. 7 and probably won't be able to do much during those weeks. Enjoy your travels.
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

I've uploaded section 22, Chapter 12, Edward II. I'm afraid I'm going to have to record much if not all of Chapter 11 over again. I did it out in the living room where the onset of winter has made noise from the heating unit in a little alcove off the room replace the refrigerator noise so that I'm not happy with long stretches of it. Edward I being a much better king whose governance was much more consequential, his chapter is much longer and took me three parts to do it in. For Edward II I went back to the quieter back room, so his chapter, that could be done all in one section, is acceptable.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/historyofengland_22_oman.mp3 28:49
Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

7:15-7:23 delete repeats, "Guy..."
27:03-27:19 delete repeat, "Edward was..."
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Oh, dear. Before recording I forgot to ask a British volunteer which pronunciation to use for Guy de Beauchamp. (The "de" appears everywhere else I've read the name, but not in this text.) But I've blown it off since, though I didn't mind using the recommended anglicized pronunciation of Simon de Montfort, no way was I going to pronounce Beauchamp as "Beecham" the way the British do in some cases, probably including this one. Here's the corrected file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/historyofengland_22_oman.mp3 28:25

The long repetition that started at 27:03 now has the chosen version starting at 26:55.
Pattymarie
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

My view. People who get snooty about how foreign words that are being used in another language are said are just trying to prove they are better educated than me. Big deal . If you say beauchamp every listener will know what you said , if you say beecham only some will . So read it how you would say it - with confidence :D

Anne
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

22 PL OK!
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Thanks Craig for the quick check, and thanks Annise for the thoughts on pronunciation. I'm afraid it's me, though, who's snooty in the this case, a student speaker of French not wanting to wreck a beautiful French name. :roll:
Pattymarie
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

And use what you are comfortable with - I had a "help line" complaint about someone reading Vargner not Wagner - said they were wrong - I'd always say Vargner because I'd heard it before I read it , but I was quite old before I discover that the play I saw advertised as Anti Gone and knew nothing about was in fact the one I'd heard on the radio called Antigini and did know.

Anne
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Annise and Craig,

I've corrected the intro to Section 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/historyofengland_02_oman.mp3 duration 27. 41

I hope to get back to recording this week.

Oh dear. I put this in the MW myself, but I'm still getting the old file that starts with "Chapter 2" instead of "Section 2" both there and here. :?
Pattymarie
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

I'm hearing "section 2" before "Chapter 2."