LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently October 20th, 2017, 8:02 pm


Post new topic Reply to topic  Page 3 of 9  [ 127 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Author Message
Offline
Post Posted:: July 4th, 2016, 2:08 am 

Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 1:38 am
Posts: 73
linny wrote:
Please edit your initial project post to reflect your decision to use "Section" instead of "Chapter". It's the instruction for what we have to PL to.

PL notes for section 2:
PL ok! :thumbs:

8:05 background noise. It sounds like the rustle of clothing. It doesn't bother me just something I wanted to point out to you for the future.

Still a few mouse clicks but spread out so they were not distracting. Were you able to modify your recording style to make this easier for editing? I hope so! I know my editing takes ages. :shock:


I edited the initial project :thumbs: .

I am editing out the clicks manually as I go along, but I must've missed a few. It takes a while but the results are worth it.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 4th, 2016, 5:06 am 

Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Posts: 7356
Location: Florida, USA
AmalArRumaih wrote:
Thank you for noise cleaning the recording :) and the tips :)

My pleasure. :D

_________________
My DPL list


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 6th, 2016, 5:46 am 

Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 1:38 am
Posts: 73
Section 3 is now done :)


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 6th, 2016, 7:00 am 

Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Posts: 7356
Location: Florida, USA
AmalArRumaih wrote:
Section 3 is now done :)

Excellent! You've got this! :clap:

Opening silence is a little long but other than that you are PL ok!

Opening silence only needs to be between 0.5 and 1.0 second. You are at 1.6. You may want to edit it down a bit, but if not definitely add start and ending silence to your list of things to check during final edit.

Now that you are off and running you may want to post for a DPL. You can find a thread on PLing here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680 The third post down is FAQ for BCs/soloists who need help with PL and provides the information you will need and a template to use.

I'll keep an eye on you until a DPL is found. :D

_________________
My DPL list


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 7th, 2016, 2:12 am 

Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 1:38 am
Posts: 73
linny wrote:
AmalArRumaih wrote:
Section 3 is now done :)

Excellent! You've got this! :clap:

Opening silence is a little long but other than that you are PL ok!

Opening silence only needs to be between 0.5 and 1.0 second. You are at 1.6. You may want to edit it down a bit, but if not definitely add start and ending silence to your list of things to check during final edit.

Now that you are off and running you may want to post for a DPL. You can find a thread on PLing here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=17680 The third post down is FAQ for BCs/soloists who need help with PL and provides the information you will need and a template to use.

I'll keep an eye on you until a DPL is found. :D


I shortened the opening silence and re-uploaded it.

I will search for a DPL, thank you for keeping an eye on me until then :oops:


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2016, 10:47 pm 

Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 1:38 am
Posts: 73
Section 4 is up :D


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 24th, 2016, 4:47 am 

Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Posts: 7356
Location: Florida, USA
AmalArRumaih wrote:
Section 4 is up :D

Perfect timing. Just last night I was wondering about you.
Section 4:
PL ok :clap:

Background noise is showing at 40dB. We try to get closer to 25-30dB. Please double check your noise cleaning settings. This section is fine and I didn't notice it when I listened.

You have a couple of areas which are quieter than other areas; e.g. 7-8:00. You might benefit from using the leveler on your future recordings. The leveler increases the low areas while lowering the high areas. Alternatively, the compressor lowers the high pieces allowing you to amplify more. I haven't used the compressor but I believe Phil has videos on each. I'll look for them and edit this posting with links.
EDIT: Here is the page with all the videos. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos
Here are the ones on compression:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU


If you don't mind, how about if I take the role of DPL? At some point I might need to step away but for now it appears I've adopted your project so we might as well make it official. :wink:

_________________
My DPL list


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: July 24th, 2016, 7:20 am 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Posts: 14678
Location: Dancing by de bayou!
Hi all ! You are doing great and hope you are enjoying the book.

Just a note about section 4 - Linny's mention of the noise level and the difference in volume levels are just notes for your information and your do not need to fix it or re upload it just for that. As she said, she nor I really could not hear it making a difference especially in a standard level proof listening.

Keep on going!

_________________
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Safety first! Just kidding. Coffee first, safety is third or fourth down the list.

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 7th, 2016, 2:56 pm 

Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 1:38 am
Posts: 73
linny wrote:
AmalArRumaih wrote:
Section 4 is up :D

Perfect timing. Just last night I was wondering about you.
Section 4:
PL ok :clap:

Background noise is showing at 40dB. We try to get closer to 25-30dB. Please double check your noise cleaning settings. This section is fine and I didn't notice it when I listened.

You have a couple of areas which are quieter than other areas; e.g. 7-8:00. You might benefit from using the leveler on your future recordings. The leveler increases the low areas while lowering the high areas. Alternatively, the compressor lowers the high pieces allowing you to amplify more. I haven't used the compressor but I believe Phil has videos on each. I'll look for them and edit this posting with links.
EDIT: Here is the page with all the videos. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Instructional_Videos
Here are the ones on compression:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKYYj6HMZU


If you don't mind, how about if I take the role of DPL? At some point I might need to step away but for now it appears I've adopted your project so we might as well make it official. :wink:


Actually, I was playing with audacity and trying to figure out how to do that but I couldn't. Thank you for the tip, I will definitely use it in my next recording.

Also, I am SO glad that you're my DPL :clap: . I have already learned a lot from you. Looking forward to finish this book together :D


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 7th, 2016, 2:59 pm 

Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 1:38 am
Posts: 73
philchenevert wrote:
Hi all ! You are doing great and hope you are enjoying the book.

Just a note about section 4 - Linny's mention of the noise level and the difference in volume levels are just notes for your information and your do not need to fix it or re upload it just for that. As she said, she nor I really could not hear it making a difference especially in a standard level proof listening.

Keep on going!


I am enjoying it thank you. And I will keep these tips to use in my next recording :D Thank you for posting them


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 7th, 2016, 2:59 pm 

Joined: September 23rd, 2015, 1:38 am
Posts: 73
Oh, I almost forgot. Section 5 is up.


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 7th, 2016, 4:20 pm 

Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Posts: 7356
Location: Florida, USA
Thank you for the prompt. I'll listen in the morning.

Phil, may I get MW access, please? :help:

_________________
My DPL list


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 7th, 2016, 4:25 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

Joined: October 17th, 2010, 9:23 pm
Posts: 14678
Location: Dancing by de bayou!
linny wrote:
Thank you for the prompt. I'll listen in the morning.

Phil, may I get MW access, please? :help:

Sure thing. Done ..

_________________
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
Safety first! Just kidding. Coffee first, safety is third or fourth down the list.

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 8th, 2016, 5:37 pm 

Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Posts: 7356
Location: Florida, USA
I'm sorry I haven't PLed for you today. I was out a good bit of the day. I will get you feedback by the 11th.

_________________
My DPL list


Top
 Profile  
Offline
Post Posted:: August 9th, 2016, 10:01 am 

Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Posts: 7356
Location: Florida, USA
The first 4 minutes or so are a much lower volume than the rest of the track. I found I had to put my volume up to the max and still struggled to hear you. You might consider amplifying this portion.
13:26 I didn't check the text. Please see if this is a repeat "PCN, you know"

When you post your sections, if you provide the starting page number I'm more than happy to check the text for you when I have questions like this.

Also, I don't know French. If you would like to get a bi-lingual PLer I would understand.

_________________
My DPL list


Top
 Profile  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group