COMPLETE What's Mine's Mine by George MacDonald -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I am also glad to see that this is still moving along and looking forward to hearing it! MacDonald is my favorite! I've done a couple of his works myself (only one as a solo), and I'm working on two more at the moment. This is one that I haven't read yet, so I'm really excited!
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

Sections 15-18 PL OK
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: January 19th, 2018, 1:09 pm I am also glad to see that this is still moving along and looking forward to hearing it! MacDonald is my favorite! I've done a couple of his works myself (only one as a solo), and I'm working on two more at the moment. This is one that I haven't read yet, so I'm really excited!
Ah, yes... I think we both worked on MacDonald's Sir Gibbie, Devorah! I haven't gone back to listen through that yet once it was finished, but Elsa (my current DPL for this project who is also my sister) said she really enjoyed your reading. :D She said you did great on the Broad Scotch, which is what kept me from claiming more chapters in that book. That... and the fact that I wanted to start this solo and often can't record for weeks in a row, so I limited myself.

What are your favorite MacDonald books? Besides loving several of his works for children, my other very favorite George MacDonald novel is "The Marquis of Lossie" -- sequel to "Malcolm" which I see you are now recording! Have you ever read the Marquis? I'd love to hear your recording of it sometime if you keep doing MacDonald's works!
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
Blog: Come Be Still
IG: @storytime.with.hannahmary
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HannahMary wrote: January 19th, 2018, 6:30 pm Ah, yes... I think we both worked on MacDonald's Sir Gibbie, Devorah! I haven't gone back to listen through that yet once it was finished, but Elsa (my current DPL for this project who is also my sister) said she really enjoyed your reading. :D She said you did great on the Broad Scotch, which is what kept me from claiming more chapters in that book. That... and the fact that I wanted to start this solo and often can't record for weeks in a row, so I limited myself.
Oh, yeah! I enjoyed that one! I haven't listened to it through either, mostly because I've been busy recording! :lol:
What are your favorite MacDonald books? Besides loving several of his works for children, my other very favorite George MacDonald novel is "The Marquis of Lossie" -- sequel to "Malcolm" which I see you are now recording! Have you ever read the Marquis? I'd love to hear your recording of it sometime if you keep doing MacDonald's works!
Probably my number one so far is Phantastes. A close second is Donal Grant, which I did as a solo and which is the sequel to Sir Gibbie. I did read the Marquis of Lossie, many years ago. My goal is to see that MacDonald's complete works eventually makes it into the LibriVox catalog. After Malcolm, I'll probably do St. George and St. Michael (I'll need a break from the Scotch!), and maybe then finish up Malcolm's story with The Marquis of Lossie.

I'm currently BC'ing a MacDonald play! It's in my sig line, If I Had a Father. There are a few parts still open, with only a few lines each, if you'd like to be involved. ;)
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

Sections 12 and 19-26 PL OK.
Section 27 has only two seconds of silence at end.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

My waveform had 5 seconds after the last words, but maybe some got cut off in uploading. So I re-uploaded and have section 27 ready for Spot-PL.

Wow, you are catching up to me so quickly! I got one more chapter recorded today but haven't edited it yet. Next week...
~ Hannah
"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him" - Romans 15:13
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

That seemed to do the trick for Section 27. So now that makes Sections 27-30 PL OK!

No pressure to stay ahead. A sick day makes for a lot of listening, so I don't expect to get so much listened to every day. Plus there are always other books to listen to in the mean time if I do catch up.
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

Sections 31-34 and 36 PL OK
Section 35 has a rustling sound between intro and the chapter (around 0:15). I'm not sure if this needs editing, so let me know what you think.
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Thank you... yes, I would like to clean that up!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: January 19th, 2018, 8:23 pm I'm currently BC'ing a MacDonald play! It's in my sig line, If I Had a Father. There are a few parts still open, with only a few lines each, if you'd like to be involved. ;)
Thanks for letting me know, Devorah! I hadn't known of MacDonald's plays and will find it interesting to hear someday. But for now I have my plate full with recording. Hope you can fill those parts soon!
~ Hannah
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

HannahMary wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 8:40 pm
mightyfelix wrote: January 19th, 2018, 8:23 pm I'm currently BC'ing a MacDonald play! It's in my sig line, If I Had a Father. There are a few parts still open, with only a few lines each, if you'd like to be involved. ;)
Thanks for letting me know, Devorah! I hadn't known of MacDonald's plays and will find it interesting to hear someday. But for now I have my plate full with recording. Hope you can fill those parts soon!
As far as I know, he only wrote the one. And Heaven knows whether it was ever performed! But it's a neat story. If you like, I can send you a PM when it's ready. (I'm sure it will be quite some time.)
OriginalElsa

Post by OriginalElsa »

Section 37 has a sentence repeat at 3:48
Sections 38-41 PL OK

I'm still enjoying the story and your reading of it and will wait , but not impatiently, for the rest!
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Uffda! You already caught me??! I wish sick days were as conducive to recording as they are to PLing. :wink:

Thanks!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

mightyfelix wrote: January 23rd, 2018, 10:29 pm
As far as I know, he only wrote the one. And Heaven knows whether it was ever performed! But it's a neat story. If you like, I can send you a PM when it's ready. (I'm sure it will be quite some time.)
That would be great if you think of it at the time, Devorah. Thanks!
~ Hannah
HannahMary

Post by HannahMary »

Sections 35 and 37 are ready for Spot PL. Sorry, I haven't been able to get back to recording yet. :(
~ Hannah