COMPLETE[SOLO SF/FANTASY] The Young Diana - Marie Corelli-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Chapter 5 is PL OK. :thumbs:
It is time to meet the doctor! :D
-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
If you have uploaded any files in the last few days @ October 15th, they may not have been received due to the event that deleted data since September 15th. Everything we have is in the MW. Please resubmit your files if you don't see them in there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Newgatenovelist

Post by Newgatenovelist »

Hi Amy,

I had uploaded something just before the crash, but I was holding off on uploading it again as I assumed you've been absolutely deluged recently! Funnily enough, I'd been having tech gremlins, which is why this shorter (by Corelli's standards) chapter has taken a bit longer. Maybe techno-trouble is appropriate for a steampunk-y novel!

No doctor just yet, unfortunately. When you're off to meet a mad scientist, you have to make sure that you look your best first!

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_06_corelli_128kb.mp3
(24.18)

Absolutely no rush. It's there for whenever you've finished putting out small fires.
Erin
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
I am completely enjoying listening so I couldn't put it off. PL OK.
Thanks!
Amy :D
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

I'm checking in to say that I've been having a few mic issues, and they'll probably be a bit slower to be resolved over the holidays. It's slow and annoying, but it's teaching me patience!

In the meantime, have a brilliant holiday season, and I'll see you in 2017!
Erin
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I hope you enjoy the holidays, too, and a Happy New Year!
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

Chapter 7 is up. I recorded this on the old mic shortly before it died. I think the new mic sounds better, but you'll hear for yourself soon enough!

We finally meet - the doctor:
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_07_corelli_128kb.mp3 (43.28)

Also, far more exciting than my replacement mic is the fact that somebody is recording another Corelli novel! Have you seen it? A reader is doing Sorrows of Satan. This is unexpected and exciting news. Corelli fans are a force to be reckoned with.
Erin
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
The doctor is younger than I remember or maybe it is me who is older, alas. I am looking forward to listening to the Sorrows of Satan when she is done. I haven't read that one yet.
Chapter 7 is PL OK. Another beautiful reading! I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

I realised I should have checked in on this project sooner! I've not forgotten about it. Some personal matters have arisen, and I think I've had the mic out twice in the last two months or so. I have been missing recording.

I had a similar experience going back to The Hobbit recently. It's been years since I read Tolkien, and I thought the time was right to pick him up again. I don't know what I had in my memory, but I think I'd remembered quite a different book to what I just read.

I'll be away for a little bit, but I hope you have a good week!
Erin
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
It is good to hear from you. I know what you mean about rereading. We change so much that you take different things away each time. It is surprising what you remember and what you don't.
Have a good week, too!
Amy :)
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

Finally, chapter 8 is up. New mic! Less sibilant than the old one, thankfully.

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_08_corelli_128kb.mp3 (37.00)

We get our first glimpse of Dr Dimitrius's spherical contraption. Dah-duh!
Erin
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
This is coming out great. I just love this book!
PL OK.
Cheers!
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

TWO chapters at once. Take however long you need, but it's an exciting moment for me. I'm back to where I was when I first started pre-recording the old chapters I threw out on my old, extremely noisy pc last year, so it's all forward momentum from here (psychologically, at least!). It's a small victory, but there it is.

More of Dr Dimitrius and his theories:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_09_corelli_128kb.mp3 (35.46)
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_10_corelli_128kb.mp3 (28.34)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Erin,
I had to squeeze them into a busy Friday to have a bit of an oasis. I am glad you are onto new chapters.
PL OK.
Have a great weekend!
Newgatenovelist

Hi Amy,

Chapter 11 is ready for PL. She drinks the first dose!
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/youngdiana_11_corelli_128kb.mp3 (39.26)

Have a good weekend!
Erin