COMPLETE-[DUET] Coloured Stars: versions of fifty Asiatic love poems by Edward Powys Mathers - ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Coloured Stars: versions of fifty Asiatic love poems by Edward Powys Mathers (1892 - 1939).

"There is an opportunity of knowing in brilliant English translations much of the poetry of China and Japan, of India and Persia; and Arabic poetry is
accessible ; but I believe this book to be the first general English anthology of Asiatic verse. It is haphazard, as such books must be until some polyglot scholar gives a whole life to the matter. Variety was the only aim possible in a space so small, and therefore I have selected love poems of different centuries and of both primitive and subtle peoples."
( Author)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/coloured-stars-versions-of-fifty-asiatic-love-poems-by-edward-powys-mathers/

• Text source (only read from this text!): https://archive.org/details/colouredstarsver00mathiala/page/n3
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Foreword of Coloured Stars: versions of fifty Asiatic love poems. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Coloured Stars: versions of fifty Asiatic love poems, by Edward Powys Mathers. [Foreword]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Section [number] of Coloured Stars: versions of fifty Asiatic love poems by Edward Powys Mathers. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Section title] - please also read the attribute of the poems origin after reading the title, these are found at the end of the poem"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Section title]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Coloured Stars: versions of fifty Asiatic love poems, by Edward Powys Mathers. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename colouredstars_##_mathers_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. colouredstars_01_mathers_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
MC - Amy (alg1001)
DPL - Helen (HZFerr)
Cover design - Eva (bluechien)
Last edited by NemoR on January 31st, 2019, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

MC will be Amy and DPL will be Helen!!
Nemo

HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Amy, Eva, & Nemo,

DPL reporting in.

Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

MC here now. It is setup. I'll move us to Going Solo. Eva, I added your cover claim. :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thanks Helen! .... i just adore having you as DPL for these!

Eva is sitting this one out and just doing the cover when it is complete .... I never see them until the very end and they always come as a complete and wonderful surprise to me! :9:

You are in for a treat however, as Amy is joining not only as MC, but also is reading sections as well! I am excited! :clap:

Amy, MW is all set ... I have assigned three to myself for starters ..let me know which you would like when you get a chance and I will assign them as well.

As a note, at the end of each poem is a small note about the origin of the poem ... I would like those read as well please. I am up in the air whether they should be read at the end of the poem, or at the beginning, right after the poem title????

Thoughts??
Nemo

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Nemo,
I think it would be good to read it after the title of the poem, but you have to make the call. I picked out some of the poems. If there are any that you already recorded or would rather do, just let me know.
These are truly lovely poems.
2-The Dalliance of the Leopards
5-The Garden of Bamboos
6-Eyes that move not
8-Doubt
11-Distich
12-Song
18-Being Together at Night
21-Looking at the Moon
27-Spring Cold
28-Climbing Up to You
29-Grief
31-Last Time
35-The Mirror
39-In the Palace
47-Picture
49-Song
50-The Red Lotus

Have a wonderful day!
Amy :D
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thanks Amy!

We are all set ... nice choices, and you are right, these are quite lovely!

I agree that the poems origin sounds better right after the title instead of at the end. I made that note in the instructions just to help me (us) remember!

Thanks again for joining!
Nemo

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi Helen! ... Let the fun begin!

The first two sections are up for PL :D ... It's a crystal clear night here filled with a whole galaxy of stars ..quite beautiful, even though it is a cool 10 degrees :9:
Nemo

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hey Miss H!

Section 3 is up for PL as well!

TY!
Nemo

HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 0, 1, & 3
PL OK

N. another great choice. :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thanks H!!! :9:
Nemo

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Thanks Amy, in the MW for PL!

I had to listen! .... first I've heard you since we did "Letters" together and first poetry I've heard you do!

These were beautifully done. :9:
Nemo

alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Thank you, Nemo! :D
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi Helen!

Sections 4 and 7 are in the MW for PL!
Nemo