LibriVox
Forums

* FAQ    * Search
* Login   * Register
It is currently December 10th, 2017, 8:59 pm

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post Posted:: October 31st, 2016, 8:32 pm 

Just checking in to say I'm still looking forward to completing this project. I've been experiencing a number of health difficulties, which have slowed me down over the past month or so, but would appreciate it if you could keep this project open. Thanks!

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).

Post Posted:: December 4th, 2016, 2:50 pm 

At long last, Chapter X is ready for PL! No promises, but I hope to upload more chapters soon.

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).

Post Posted:: December 6th, 2016, 3:35 pm 

Chapter 10 has a repeat at 0:16 - "I've been looking...I've been looking all through..."
Other than that, it is all good!

Post Posted:: June 30th, 2017, 7:51 am 

Ch. X has been edited and re-uploaded. Rachel and Annise, I want to thank youboth for your patience as I have worked to complete this project. The past several months have been physically, emotionally, and spiritually taxing, but I trust, hope, and pray to be able to complete this project in a more timely manner now that things have slowed down. This book makes my heart dance and my spirit sing and soar, so I eagerly look forward to continuing with it. Now all I need to do is get my technology set up again...

Post Posted:: July 1st, 2017, 10:00 pm 

Update: I've recorded three-and-a-half chapters over the past day or so. Because my recording setup and technology generally are so fragile, I'm planning to record the chapters first, in hopes of completing them all within the next week. Then, I'll begin the process of editing the entire batch, from Chapter XI on. Rachel, you're going to have some listening to do!

Annise, I've been looking over the book and the short stories collected at the end. "The Children's Tabernacle" is such a profound book that I believe it stands better on its own merits, and that reading the short stories at the end would detract substantially from the overall work, seeing that they are somewhat less intense and seem a bit random and scattered--added by the editor of the Gutenberg version, but not a specific part of all published manuscripts. Since you had initially said that this was a stylistic decision, I'm wondering if you could remove the last five sections from this project. I will end with Ch. XXI of "The Children's Tabernacle" proper, and call the project done at that point. What do you think?

Post Posted:: July 1st, 2017, 11:20 pm 
LibriVox Admin Team

That sounds a good idea to me , they sort of don't belong really do they .
Rachel's been very busy this year , I'll check when you upload a chapter , and we'll get another PLer if she can't manage

Anne

Post Posted:: July 23rd, 2017, 6:39 pm 

Update: I just finished recording all chapters today, and will be editing soon. Wouldn't it be lovely if I could get all remaining chapters uploaded by 31 July!?

Post Posted:: November 26th, 2017, 7:10 am 

At long last, Chapter XI is ready for PL! Sadly, I recently discovered that a crash stole Chapters XII and XIII, so I will need to re-record them before continuing with editing. Hopefully soon!