Solo The Children's Tabernacle;/Hand Work and Heart Work-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Just checking in to say I'm still looking forward to completing this project. I've been experiencing a number of health difficulties, which have slowed me down over the past month or so, but would appreciate it if you could keep this project open. Thanks!
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

At long last, Chapter X is ready for PL! No promises, but I hope to upload more chapters soon.
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 10 has a repeat at 0:16 - "I've been looking...I've been looking all through..."
Other than that, it is all good!
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Ch. X has been edited and re-uploaded. Rachel and Annise, I want to thank youboth for your patience as I have worked to complete this project. The past several months have been physically, emotionally, and spiritually taxing, but I trust, hope, and pray to be able to complete this project in a more timely manner now that things have slowed down. This book makes my heart dance and my spirit sing and soar, so I eagerly look forward to continuing with it. Now all I need to do is get my technology set up again...
Bethesda Lily

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Update: I've recorded three-and-a-half chapters over the past day or so. Because my recording setup and technology generally are so fragile, I'm planning to record the chapters first, in hopes of completing them all within the next week. Then, I'll begin the process of editing the entire batch, from Chapter XI on. Rachel, you're going to have some listening to do!

Annise, I've been looking over the book and the short stories collected at the end. "The Children's Tabernacle" is such a profound book that I believe it stands better on its own merits, and that reading the short stories at the end would detract substantially from the overall work, seeing that they are somewhat less intense and seem a bit random and scattered--added by the editor of the Gutenberg version, but not a specific part of all published manuscripts. Since you had initially said that this was a stylistic decision, I'm wondering if you could remove the last five sections from this project. I will end with Ch. XXI of "The Children's Tabernacle" proper, and call the project done at that point. What do you think?
Bethesda Lily

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That sounds a good idea to me , they sort of don't belong really do they .
Rachel's been very busy this year , I'll check when you upload a chapter , and we'll get another PLer if she can't manage

Anne
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Update: I just finished recording all chapters today, and will be editing soon. Wouldn't it be lovely if I could get all remaining chapters uploaded by 31 July!?
Bethesda Lily

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

At long last, Chapter XI is ready for PL! Sadly, I recently discovered that a crash stole Chapters XII and XIII, so I will need to re-record them before continuing with editing. Hopefully soon!
Bethesda Lily

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 10 is spot PL OK!
Chapter 11 has a few little notes:
- at 8:30 there is a repeat of "he slew one...he slew one of the birds"
- at 8:46 repeat of "the once leprous...the once leprous person"
- at 8:58 a couple repeats in the sentence "Oh, how joyful the bird must have been when allowed to fly free up—up high into the air!"
- at 9:28 a couple of repeats "and...and his thankful delight...and his thankful delight"
- at 9:47 repeat of "had the cleansing of a leper...had the cleansing of a leper in his mind"
- at 10:00 a bit of a pause/gulp "when mama read...about the hyssop" - this is optional, I wouldn't have mentioned it if you weren't already going to be making edits :)
- at 10:02 repeat of "it made me feel sure that Agnes was right when she...it made me feel sure that Agnes was right when she chose"
- at 10:47 repeat of "how much more deeply interesting...how much more deeply interesting is the Saviour's reply"
- at 10:58 repeat of "if we look...if we look upon leprosy as a type of sin"
- at 11:04 repeat of "if the Lord was...if the Lord was able and willing"
- at 11:16 repeat of "as well as...as well as from all taint of disease"
- at the very end, there is a noise during the silence, which is only about two seconds long - maybe just cut that out and add a new five seconds from somewhere else

Looks like you may not have edited the last few minutes - it's definitely happened to me before haha.
I'm so happy to be listening to this again! God bless :)
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Oh, Rachel...

I can't believe it! That must have been painful to your ears! But, I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. I'll work on edits for this one and record Chapters 12-13 as soon as I'm done with the online class I'm taking.

God Bless and Merry Christmas,

Nicole
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

How's the online class going ?

Anne
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Hi, Ann,

Isn't it ironic how things work out? I was actually thinking, not twenty-four hours ago, about how I need to get back on this project! I'm hoping to have some time for editing and recording in the upcoming weeks. My most available days are Fridays, so if I haven't done anything by then, post another reply here...

Joyfully,

Nicole
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Rachel,

I don't know what happened, because I had attempted to submit a fully-edited file the first time, but the one I've reuploaded should be free of errors. Let me know whether this is the case. Meanwhile, I hope to submit another chapter soon. Meanwhile, may the Lord bless you as you celebrate His death and resurrection.

Joyfully,

Nicole
Bethesda Lily

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Rachel's not posted since January , let's see if she's a bit more time now - teenage life does become busy :D
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

I've proof listened 3 1/2 files today so very proud of myself haha :lol:

Chapter 11 is now fully PL OK!! Hope you had a lovely Easter :)
Rachel