Solo The Children's Tabernacle;/Hand Work and Heart Work-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 1 PL note:
- Repeat @ 4:10 - you won't let me go out lest...continuing...you won't let me go out lest the damp...

You have such a lovely voice, I like listening to you.
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

SweetPea wrote:Chapter 1 PL note:
- Repeat @ 4:10 - you won't let me go out lest...continuing...you won't let me go out lest the damp...

You have such a lovely voice, I like listening to you.
Rachel, that joys my heart!
The new link is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/childrenstabernacle_01_tucker_128kb.mp3
14:21
I have been told that the MW updates automatically after re-uploading. Is this correct? If not, let me know and I'll edit the MW.
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just to explain
The uploader is a very clever thing
When you upload a file and it has the same name as a file already there, it says "aha" and it takes the old one and adds a date stamp to the name so it now ends in ( year month date hour minute second) and the new one keeps the name. So the link in the MW points to the new file now without us doing anything.

Hope this is clear :D

Anne
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapter 1 is PL OK!
The link points to the new version, so you don't need to copy and paste it again. All you need to do is update the duration (if it's different from before) and mark the MW as "ready for spot PL".
Rachel

“My behavior is nonetheless, deplorable. Unfortunately, I’m quite prone to such bouts of deplorability--take for instance, my fondness for reading books at the dinner table.” - Mistborn: The Final Empire
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Rachel, I just wanted to give you a sense for what's going on at the moment. Preparing the chapters for reading takes a day or so per chapter, and then of course there's the recording and editing. I have a system going at the moment and so probably won't post any more chapters for you until the weekend or early next week. When I do, I'll be posting Chapters 2-5. I just thought I should let you know where I am in the process!
Bethesda Lily

"My soul waits for the Lord as watchmen for the morning, as watchmen for the morning" (Psalm 130:6).
SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Sounds good!
Rachel

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Hi, Ann,

I'm going to be spending the weekend recording, editing, and uploading chapters. However, I think you should know that I recently injured my shoulder--bicep tendonitis, the doctor believes. This means that Brailling out individual chapters is really causing me a lot of severe pain at the rate at which I'm trying to get them done. The machine I'm using is like an old-fashioned typewriter with only seven keys, and one has to press down rather hard to produce the Braille characters. Anyway, my personal life aside, I'm setting myself a limit--rather than typing, recording, and editing beyond my shoulder's threshold for tolerance, I have set myself a smaller limit that will necessitate us moving the target completion date. I really would like to continue; this project is extremely important to me. I'm hoping we could move the target completion dae to June or July to give me the ability to work slowly but steadily. I'm certainly not stopping all Librivox endeavors if I can help it!--only slwoing down a bit. However, if you're anxious to have this project catalogued before then, I understand if you'd rather make it a group effort. Please let me know what you'd like to do.

Rachel, if all goes according to my timetable and plan, you should have Chapters 2-5 by Monday morning. I finally have the chapters written out; now the recording part should be simple!
Bethesda Lily

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Bethesda Lily

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

don't fret about the target date - keep your shoulder fit. As long as you keep us informed every month or 2 that you are still interested we are happy.
So you actually make a braile copy, then read it to record ?

Anne
bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

annise wrote:don't fret about the target date - keep your shoulder fit. As long as you kepp us informed every month or 2 that you are still interested we are happy.
So you actually make a braile copy, then read it to record ?

Anne
Yes, that I do! There is a Braille panel that connects to the computer, but I don't own one and they are over four thousand dollars. Professional embossing is, likewise, very expensive--though not so much as buying a Braille display--so I try to save my pocketbook by making the copies myself. Besides, Brailling them out word by word allows me to get the content ingrained in my mind; it's almost as good as rehearsing prior to the actual recording!
Bethesda Lily

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

Chapter IV:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/childrenstabernacle_04_tucker_128kb.mp3
8:02
I especially enjoyed this chapter. Chapter V will be ready for upload soon.
Bethesda Lily

bethesdalily

Post by bethesdalily »

And finally, Chapter V:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/childrenstabernacle_05_tucker_128kb.mp3
13:29

It will be a little over two weeks before I submit another batch. When I do, you'll be getting Chapters VI-IX. Please pay careful attention to any rustling, etc. on Chapter V, and let me know how I can remove some of that. I've run the Noise Removal feature in Audacity as much as possible without utterly distorting the sound quality, but if there is anything else I can do, please let me know.
Last edited by bethesdalily on March 14th, 2016, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bethesda Lily

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapters 2 and 3 are PL OK!
I'm sorry to hear you've hurt your shoulder. I hope you're feeling better pretty soon! No rush on this project, though!

By the way, my computer has decided to act weird again, so I am on my parents' computer, which does not have the Checker program on it, which means I couldn't check the volumes. Once I get mine fixed I can do that for you, hopefully it won't be too long.
Rachel

SweetPea

Post by SweetPea »

Chapters 4 and 5 are PL OK! I don't think I heard any rustling, at least not any I thought was distracting. There were a couple places in Chapter 5 that sounded like they had been added later, the sound quality was a bit different, but it isn't all that bad, happens to everybody, and there isn't a good way I know of to fix it, other than to make sure your setup is the same as it was when you did the original recording.
Rachel

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

People's voices can vary with time of day too :D . But in reality , no one is going to notice as much as you do - they are listening to the story not your voice :D

Anne