COMPLETE The Holy Bible: The King James Version - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

The Holy Bible - The King James Version.

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/bible-complete-king-james-version/
The Bible (from Koine Greek τὰ βιβλία, tà biblía, "the books") is a collection of texts sacred in Judaism and Christianity. It is an example of a collection of scriptures written at different times by different authors in different locations. ( )
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/7999
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): Standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Holy Bible - The King James Version. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Holy Bible - The King James Version. [Chapter]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Holy Bible - The King James Version. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of The Holy Bible - The King James Version. "

There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename holybible_##_kjv_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. holybible_01_kjv_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: TriciaG
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Last edited by marmenta on December 20th, 2015, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

Hi.

For the last year I had been recording the Bible for my family, bit by bit, and putting it onto a Soundcloud account. I'm getting pretty far. Up to half the Old Testament. I didn't intend, as I was recording it, to do it for Librivox, but I thought I would make it a project. I stopped for a while to do The Origin of Species.

I know this is a large task. I would very much like to do this as one large project. Like the World English Bible audiobook except with the New Testament. It should be fun. I have this on a Soundcloud account in a sort of serialized form if you'd like to hear some.

EDIT: Forgot to put the link :oops:

https://soundcloud.com/az-hardcore-2/25-judges-19-judges-21
Last edited by marmenta on December 20th, 2015, 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Just a note that many KJV readers ask for "Word Perfect" PLing - literally every word in place and not single change of word order or pluralization (for example). If you want this, you need to change the PL request in your first post. (I mention it because most of the Bible projects seem to be moving this way. I don't do WP PLing, but then, I don't do much KJV either!)
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

Word perfect is not necessary. :D
Michael
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You're set up.

I've modified the intro/outro slightly to remove "anonymous" as the author. "The Bible, King James Version" works very well.

I've also modified the file naming scheme. You could just do "bible" rather than "holybible" in the file name; that's up to you.

I think that's it for now. Holler if you want input about anything else. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

Thank you!! :clap:
Michael
EstherbenSimonides

Post by EstherbenSimonides »

May I DPL if you're looking for one?
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've put you in as DPL. :)
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

Thank you EstherbenSimonides!!!!
Michael
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Moving to Going Solo...
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

Michael
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

FYI, you don't need to put "section 01" in the section titles. The cataloging system will automatically add the "01 - " to the file. :) And don't forget to mark it as Ready for PL!
EstherbenSimonides

I'm having problems checking the file with Checker, but when I open it in Audacity, all the tech specs seem fine. At 54:07, there is a skip which cuts off the end of a word.
Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides
marmenta

Post by marmenta »

Esther, I can't find the skipped end of the word. Can you tell me what verse it appears in?
Michael
EstherbenSimonides

It's right after 'And Nahor lived after he begat T-'. If you zoom out on Audacity so you can see the whole file, there is a spike at the time, and it just cuts off the end of the word.
Thanks!
Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam,
Esther ben Simonides