[COMPLETE] The Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola - phil

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

msfry wrote:Sorry to hear you are still feeling bad. Don't worry, this project isn't in a hurry. But could you complete the PL Notes on the sections already recorded, (9, 10, 11, and then mtfedited 12, 13, 14) and move them to the finished column? We shouldn't leave those dangling if at all possible, and that will put us well past the one-third finished mark. 17 is half-way, which I always find a big psychological boost for me on a solo.

I see you have a lot of projects on your plate, so I hope this one doesn't get pushed too far back. I'm trying not to add much more to my schedule, reserving ample time to edit your sections. I was well satisfied with our "2 sections a week" goal, so hopefully we can get back to that.

Poor Denise. No job! No money! What's going to happen to her next? :(

Yeah, I'm planning on continuing with 2 a week. A lot of the sections were things I took on when I had a lot of extra time and then decemeber happened:P Except for those few sections I mentioned, this has first priority, and I'll try to get the fixes next week as well:)
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
msfry

Post by msfry »

:thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Hey, no spoilers! Remember I'm several chapters behind you lot!! :shock:
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Elizabby wrote:Hey, no spoilers! Remember I'm several chapters behind you lot!! :shock:
And I have read ahead quite a bit, so I'm gonna zip it:P
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

And we are rolling again! Sections 9 (23:27), 10 (19:46) and 11(26:52) has been fixed and re-uploaded, and her are some more:

Section 12 - 25:38 - https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_12_zola_128kb.mp3
Section 13 - 31:47 - https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_13_zola_128kb.mp3
Section 14 - 28:39 - https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_14_zola_128kb.mp3
Kristin

Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Sections 9, 10 and 11 spot checked and all are PL OK! :thumbs:

I'll get to some more of the full chapters soon!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Who is Candybatch? Where is Elizabby? What is going on here? :shock:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote:Who is Candybatch? Where is Elizabby? What is going on here? :shock:
Same person - just a forum name change. :D
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
msfry

Post by msfry »

philchenevert wrote:
msfry wrote:Who is Candybatch? Where is Elizabby? What is going on here? :shock:
I didn't know one could do that. I'd love to change my forum name to MicheleFry, just like yours, I mean without the space. :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

If you want to change your forum name, just post in the "Need Help" forum with what you want to change it to and an admin with The Power will do it for you! Easy! :thumbs:

(Incidentally, when it is done this way, all your MW access and logins still work, which is why I still have access to the MW here.)

Sorry, I thought I posted in all my project threads when I changed my forum name (this is the name I use in the Sherlock fandom) but I must have missed this project at the time!
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote:
philchenevert wrote:
I didn't know one could do that. I'd love to change my forum name to MicheleFry, just like yours, I mean without the space. :)
I am not sure of the consequences of changing a forum name and what would become unlinked or whatever, especially in searches and things like that. Four years ago I wanted to change mine to phil chenevert (with the space) but those potential problems stopped me. So I suggest you do what candy suggests and post in the Help wanted forum and ask about consequences; they may not be that bad.

I can't do the change but one of the other admins surely can.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 15 mtf-edited, with notes as follows:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_15_zola_128kb_mtfedits.mp3 29:48

Please use the shortened intro: "This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain." (I just noticed 13, 14 and 16 have the long intro, too. Those which are PL OK can stay as they are, but in future shorter is better!

9:29 and perturbed by the desires with which the air around her was warm, I hear per-tubed.
10:29 the sailor's betrothed whom her love guarded from all perils., I hear be-throwed
12:23 he continually commenced the same con-ver-sation, I hear conner-sation
19:21 "The house, no fear! I hear no fair! It could pass without notice, but its not the same meaning.
20:52 in the tre-pi-da-tion of the crowd which overflowed The Ladies' Paradise., I hear tread-i-pi-ta-tion
21:20 Ah, if they could only all fall and break their backs!, all is missing. Not essential to change, but does make the statement more spiteful!
21:58 absorbing it hourly in the very air they breathed, again not essential, but breathed is one syllable,. Breethd, not breeth-ed.
28:51 When one has wea-vers everywhere, I hear wee-wers. Not a word. needs that V.

So glad to be finding out what is happening to poor Denise. And very interesting how Zola describes the small shop economy vs. big business.
Last edited by msfry on February 9th, 2016, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 16 mtf edited is uploaded, and PL Notes are below

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/ladiesparadise_16_zola_128kb_mtfedits.mp3 31:18

Please use the shortened intro: "This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
5:27 with its round eyes and large loyal-looking mouth, I hear royal-looking.
6:41 Madame Marty bought a dress she did not want, I hear brought
11:42 they still announced the near discomfiture of The Ladies' Paradise, I hear dis-com-fea'-ture, should be dis com'-fit-chure
15:52 of being carried to the other side with his umbrellas and sticks, I hear umbrella (singular).
16:50 surveying it from the middle of the street with the air of an architect, I hear serving. Should be sur-vey'-ing
19:02 without any hope of selling them. there's a loud noise in "selling them".
22:54 and was really per-turb-ing, I hear per-tube-ing
27:47 but the excess even of his anger, I hear danger

Watch out, Bourass! Pride goeth before a fall!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Phil and Candybatch, Not high on my priorities list right now, but thanks for the info. If I had known from the first how they were used, I'd have just given my real name for both. I find it hard to remember 2 names for just about everyone, spelling them right, etc, but I guess a handle is important for some.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

msfry wrote:Phil and Candybatch, Not high on my priorities list right now, but thanks for the info. If I had known from the first how they were used, I'd have just given my real name for both. I find it hard to remember 2 names for just about everyone, spelling them right, etc, but I guess a handle is important for some.
I agree. When first joining LV you must make a choice immediately without knowing the consequences. It is sheer luck and ignorance that I ended up with the same name for both forum and catalog. Sheer luck! :roll: