COMPLETE SOLO Mountain Interval by Robert Frost-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Mountain Interval by Robert Frost (1874 - 1963).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/mountain-interval-by-robert-frost-2/
Mountain Interval is a 1916 poetry collection written by American writer Robert Frost. It is Frost's third poetic volume and was published by Henry Holt. It was republished in 1920. Frost made several alterations in the sequencing of the collection and released a new edition in 1921. Five lyrics of the earlier collection were compiled next under the title "His Wife". In this volume only three poems are written in dramatic monologue. ( Wikipedia)
  1. Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/29345
  2. Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
  3. The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • Mountain Interval by Robert Frost. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • "[Poem title], by Robert Frost
    • Then read the poem.
    • At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the abbreviated poetry disclaimer:
    • "[Poem title], by Robert Frost, read for LibriVox.org" by [your name] or some variation on that, adding date, location, your personal URL, etc., if you wish.
    • Then read the poem.
    • At the end, say: "End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." and leave five seconds of silence.
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of Mountain Interval, by Robert Frost. "
  4. Example filename mountaininterval_##_frost_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. mountaininterval_01_frost_128kb.mp3)
  5. Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: maryannspiegel
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
  6. Any questions?
    Please post below
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." (Mark Twain)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Can I suggest that while you sre waiting for an MC you do the test of your equipment and settings (aka the 1 minute test) . Getting the settings right can stop the first poem you read having less than ideal sound quality - after all, we've just been visited by Paul McCartney who - aged 84 and after over 60 years of recording still turns up for the sound checks before performing :D

Anne
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

annise wrote:Can I suggest that while you sre waiting for an MC you do the test of your equipment and settings (aka the 1 minute test) . Getting the settings right can stop the first poem you read having less than ideal sound quality - after all, we've just been visited by Paul McCartney who - aged 84 and after over 60 years of recording still turns up for the sound checks before performing :D

Anne
Will do. Thank you!
"The man who does not read good books has no advantage over the man who cannot read them." (Mark Twain)
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Here's my 1-minute test:

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_misterlukey.mp3

I also posted it in the "Listeners and Editors Wanted" section. Thanks again!
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Mr. Lukey,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I see you are almost there on your test thread. I'll get this set up and then be back with some further instructions.
MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

OK, Your MW is set up.

For a solo project, you are the Book Coordinator. That means you fill out the Magic Window and post your links and times in the window when you upload your files.

You'll need to start by logging into the magic window. Instructions are in the BC How-to; and this is a more detailed version of the First Login instructions (with pictures!) Please be sure to read all of the BC How To document, as that will give you more information on your role as a BC.

Next, you'll need to start entering section (or poem) titles. I've entered the first couple to get you started. You set this up as having a preface - I don't see anything but a dedication. If you plan to read the dedication, I suggest you put that in ahead of the first poem (it hardly needs a section of its own) and I'll delete section 0 for you.

Then you are ready to start recording. When you upload a section, it's your responsibility to add the link and duration (mm:ss) to the Magic Window. Link from the uploader goes in the "listen URL" column, duration goes in the "notes" column. Then be sure to post in the thread that a new section is ready for PL so your DPL knows there is something new.

We won't worry about a DPL just yet - folks often see new projects and volunteer to listen before anything is posted. If no one sees this, we will advertise once you have a section or two ready to listen to.

If you have questions, or if you have any trouble with the instructions in the BC how to, please post and we'll work through it together. There is a bit of a learning curve when you do your first solo. You've picked a short book, so it should be a manageable and enjoyable process for you.

MaryAnn
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

MaryAnn,

Thank you so much! I can't tell you how excited I am to get to work on this.

I will defer to your judgment regarding the dedication. I only named it as a "preface" because that is how it is introduced in the collaborative version of this book. For the first section including the dedication, should the flow go something like this?

"Mountain Interval by Robert Frost. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"

"[Dedication title]"
Read the dedication.

"[Poem title], by Robert Frost"
Read the poem.

"End of poem. This recording is in the public domain." Leave five seconds of silence.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

I took a listen. It took 25 seconds of a 55 second section to actually read the dedication - so I think adding it to the first section is the way to go. The flow you have laid out will work just fine.

MaryAnn
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

ej400 wrote:I would be happy to DPL for you misterlukey! :D
Thank you! That would be much appreciated.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Elijah,
I've added you to the MW.
MaryAnn
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

I posted a recording of the first section (dedication and "The Road Not Taken"). Please let me know what you think. Thank you!
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Congrats misterlukey! You have completed your first section on librivox! Section 1 is PL OK!
misterlukey

Post by misterlukey »

Uploaded section 2: "Christmas Trees"