(Complete) Summa Theologica IIa-IIae - Cardinal Virtues -mb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

If you want to do something like: "End of [Question]. End of the treatise on Prudence" then the "Recording by....." I would be fine with that. Or you could switch it up and say "End of the treatise on Prudence. End of Question....".

I'm fine with anything like that.

It is just when you throw in "End of Summa Theologica....,etc" it gives me a double take, and I had to look to be sure it wasn't really the last section in the project, since if you listen to enough projects you know that only comes at the very, very end! :lol:

So to recap, it is fine if you indicate that it is end of the treatise.....I would just put it before the "Recording by", and just don't make it sound like it is the end of the project. Make sense? :-)

And yes, please upload it with the same file name - it will overwrite the old one!
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Thank you, Maria, for the clarification. :wink:

Once I received your comment, I naturally re-listened to what I sent you (because I prepare all of the templates for the project ahead of time = intros/outros 8-)), and no, I did not realize that the "End of" was followed by a reference to "Summa Theologica Ia-IIae", and not simply the "Treatise on Prudence" - so I do understand how that could produce confusion :(. Since I am not on the computer where I have those files, it will take me until later on today to simplify the ending and re-upload it. :|

Since it pertains to the questions on "justice" which follow in this project, you will see that from the passions project (still marked as "solo" in the "completed projects" section :?:) I have skipped to the project on "law and grace" that directly relates to it. The first three questions are already recorded, just not cleaned up and exported yet (to appear soon, I hope! :P). I am likely to power my way through that project in order to get it done by the end of the month, then back up to the project on habits/virtues/vices as I skip around whatever remains of the 189 questions of the IIa-IIae!!! (ie, theological & cardinal virtues, etc = the rest of the summer, I think :shock:) There seems to be about a ten-day delay in Spring allergies over here this year - I haven't lost my voice yet!!! :D

mscllc :9:
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Maria, the adjustments have been made at the end: "End of Question 56, and the questions concerning the virtue of prudence" (before my name is read, silent as usual afterward.

ST 2-2 056 Of the Precepts Relating to Prudence
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/summa_theologica2_11_012_aquinas_128kb.mp3
10:16
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

This is PL OK now. A much better way to do it I think. :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Great, thank you! I prepared the endings for questions 122, 140 and 170 likewise (for the ends of each group of questions on justice, fortitude and temperance), then the standard ending fro the very, very end. 8-)

On another note, perhaps now that the description quote has been decided upon for this project, it could be entered in the quote box on the first page of this project (as you have already done for the "law and grace" project). Perhaps it would be useful for everyone who browses this project out of curiosity (there always seems to be a couple of other people browsing the forum). The same would apply for the "habits, virtues, vices" and "theological virtues" projects - otherwise I think that all the other ones are good! :D

mscllc
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Maria,
Well this is the first springtime in five years when I have not lost my voice! :D
So while two months ago I already anticipated not recording much in April 8-)
the reason has not turned out to be allergies, :roll: rather unexpected life-events around me! :shock:
Otherwise, I would normally send a note whenever I see that I am shifting gear... :|
That said, I should be back on the radar, although at a more moderated rhythm than in March because of approaching university exams (May and June). :mrgreen:

ST 2-2 057 Of Right
https://librivox.org/uploads/m8b1/summa_theologica2_11_013_aquinas_128kb.mp3
28:20
:thumbs:
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Glad to hear that you did not lose your voice! I hope everything else is well.

It is PL OK! :-)
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »

Maria,
Just checking where I left off on each project, as I anticipate being able to continue recording on my remaining four projects soon.
Since it has been so long, although it hasn't been updated in the MW yet, your last message stated that question 57 is PL OK (in case you were to accidentally re-listen to it, instead of all the others that I hope to keep you busy with!)
Michael
m8b1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by m8b1 »

Thanks for the heads up! It is now marked correctly as PL OK! :thumbs:
Maria
------
Readers Wanted:

---
Catholic Audiobooks
mscllc

Post by mscllc »