[COMPLETE] Opuscula by Aristotle -tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
GeoffreyEdwards
Location: Box 311 Rapid City, Manitoba, Canada R0K1W0 1-204-728-1306

Post by GeoffreyEdwards »

The Enneads are almost complete. I added 10 more sections to that project so that's why I'm a month behind. But there are only 4 sections left to record. So that's 4 more weekends max and then I'll be done the Enneads for real this time. 8-)
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Sounds good. Thanks for the update!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
GeoffreyEdwards

I just finished recording the Enneads so I can work on this project full time now.
GeoffreyEdwards

Section 3 has been revised as suggested.
GeoffreyEdwards

My voice and recording environment have changed too much since On Melissus (now section 15 but previously section 14 and before that section 1) was recorded 4 years ago. I've tried for 2 hours and I can't insert a seem-less edit and I would prefer to leave it as 'according to this argument' because the meaning of the sentence isn't affected and it's a lot less distracting then a brute force edit that sticks out like a sore thumb. I can add a blurb saying 'end of opuscula' if this section ends up being the last but I might be adding additional sections.
GeoffreyEdwards

My voice and recording environment have changed too much since On Melissus (now section 15 but previously section 14 and before that section 1) was recorded 4 years ago. I've tried for 2 hours and I can't insert a seem-less edit and I would prefer to leave it as 'according to this argument' because the meaning of the sentence isn't affected and it's a lot less distracting then a brute force edit that sticks out like a sore thumb. I can add a blurb saying 'end of opuscula' if this section ends up being the last but I might be adding additional sections.
plaidsicle wrote: July 23rd, 2017, 2:13 pm Notes for section 14 --

at 40:49 you read "according to this argument" but the text has "according to his argument."
it doesn't change the meaning really, but the first post requests word perfect PLing, so I've noted it.

also, does this need to have another end note? "End of Opuscula" ?

this section sure was odd to listen too-- so much philosophical knot-tying about being, not-being etc. etc.
it's also quite puzzling to me that the collection is called "Works of Aristotle," since all the translators' notes so far indicate that Aristotle actually didn't write any of these essays.
GeoffreyEdwards

Section 7 is uploaded.
GeoffreyEdwards

I've posted an ad for another proof listener.
linny

Post by linny »

I can’t DPL but I’ll claim a couple of sections to help out. I just need to get caught up with my regular projects first. Be back soon.

Would you clarify one thing first? On page three there was mention that the project was PL word perfect. Initial post indicates standard.

EDIT: I'm very confused by the intro. It's currently set for just one of the stories. Shouldn't it be based on the book 'The works of Aristotle' by 'Loveday and Forester'?
GeoffreyEdwards

Welcome aboard Linny. Standard PL is fine. I made a typo that said Wordperfect but I changed it to Standard.

I would like the intro to be specific to each book because those are the 'official' titles. Saying Opuscula Part 4 is less useful and less beautiful than saying Physiognomonics.

Originally this project was a single book but it expanded over time to include others. I'm thinking of adding more books and renaming the whole project Apocrypha. That's what those extra 5 sections at the bottom are for.
linny

Post by linny »

Ok. It would be really helpful if you would correct the initial post. As I said I can’t DPL and the current intro is wrong and that’s confusing. It’s unlikely we can help you remain consistent if we are guessing. :?
linny

Post by linny »

With the possible exception of intro / ending, section 4 is PL OK.

I’ll continue on with plants (section 5).

EDIT: section 5 is PL OK.
Section 6 is also PL OK.

As a side note ending silence only has to be 5 seconds. It doesn’t matter how long the reading is.

I need a break but I’ll be back tomorrow to help out some more until you get a DPL.
GeoffreyEdwards

Thanks for the PL Linny. I changed the instructions at the start to make them clearer as you requested.
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, that certainly helps.

I started listening to section 9 and I want to check in with you. For the chapter on plants you didn't read the contents page as written but rather included the chapter titles at the beginning of each chapter section.

Here in Mechanica you didn't do that but chose to read the contents page in it's entirety. The contents page runs approximately 7 minutes. If you preferred the titles to be with the chapter contents I can provide the timestamps. Let me know.
linny

Post by linny »

Sections 9, 10 and 11 are PL OK. If you decide to move the chapter headings just provide time stamps for spot checks.

Almost caught up on PLing. I hope you get a DPL soon.