COMPLETE[solo]Journal of a Disappointed Man -WNP Barbellion-a

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
Your narration is wonderful. That was very emotional. It is going to be hard to have the book and his life end. :(
PL OK.
Cheers!
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

And so we reach the end of Barbellion's life and the end of my recording.

I hope you enjoy it as a Christmas present Amy!

Thank you so, so much for all your proof-reading over the last - gulp - three years. :9:

A micro journey of a lifetime.

Before we compile it all together I should probably skim through it all and at least check my Latin, bird names in particular.

I've mocked up a couple of designs for you to help me choose from too. :)

All the very best for 2018 (hoping it's a much brighter year for all of us),
Adam x

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/di ... _128kb.mp3
Length: 33:18 mins
Size: 33.2mb
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
This is a wonderful present and way to tie up 2017. How exciting, but I don't know what I will do without the disappointed man!
I will proof listen this last file today and report back. I look forward to seeing your cover.
Cheers!
Amy :D

p.s.
"A micro journey of a lifetime." -I love the way you put that.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
The last section is PL OK. Your performance captured the pain of his situation. :cry: I am so glad that they published it.
Let me know when you are ready for it to be cataloged.
-Amy
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Thank you Amy - I will do. It should be sometime this month. As said, it's mostly the bird pronunciations I have to check!!

I really do think it's a remarkable journal in its way and definitely ripe for rediscovery! It was quite an emotional thing to read and I really felt myself inhabiting the poor, funny, complicated soul of Bruce Frederick Cummings.

Thanks once again for sticking with my project! :clap:
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Adam,
I would like to catalog this weekend or sooner. You don't have to make the cover for it. There are many people who take on the covers.
Let me know.
Cheers!
Amy
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-journal-of-a-disappointed-man-by-w-n-p-barbellion/

Congratulations, Adam! Let me know whether you want to do the cover. I can free your claim on it so a cover maker can work on it.
I would love to MC/DPL another project of yours so please contact me if you want to work together again.
Well done! :clap:
Amy
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Aw thanks! I have been worrying about some of the pronunciations, but I changed a few of the birds early on at least - on the whole I was pretty scrupulous and I think you picked up the French mispronunciations! :) I am a bit of a perfectionist at heart! :P

And thank you again for doing such a brilliant job! I'll probably do a few short works next as a breather, but I'll sure I'll find something longer - it would be a great privilege indeed to have you MC/DPL another project for me again! :9:

Would either of these work do you think? (If so, which one do you prefer?)

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hijacking the thread cos I was wondering what was happening about the cover
Firstly - great book , I really enjoyed listening to the finished product , your reading was just right for it

Covers are very much personal opinions , but I'd go for the second. But the first is prettier
If you want to see what different ideas look like https://archive.org/details/librivoxaudio?sort=-publicdate is a good way. or you can just look at our catalogue pages which display thumb nails

But I repeat - you don't have to take any notice of my opinion, I love the fact we have different makers and such a variety of covers from covermakers with different viewpoints

Anne
Sprocket

Post by Sprocket »

Thank you! I really glad you enjoyed it! :)