[COMPLETE] The Story of Rolf & Viking's Bow by Allen French

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Chapter 21 is up!
"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally (and often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty."

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Erin,

You may have become aware that we had a crash Oct.13 which rolled back our forums and database to Sep. 15. I just want you to know that your files are still there because you uploaded them prior to Sep. 15.

If you did anything after that in this thread or uploads, it is gone. I don't think you did so you should be good. Here is the link to the info thread if you want to follow it:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=62490
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Tiffany,

If you proof-listend Erin's last file and posted any PL notes, they are gone. I know you have been on the forums and know about our crash so I won't give you all that info. :) But if you PLed can you post again and update the MW?
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Hi Bev,

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't posted anything since Chapter 21. I'm sorry to hear about the crash for everyone else's sake!

Shortly after posting Ch 21, baby got a cold. She had it for all of 2 days, but of course I got it for more than a week! Sore throats and recording do not mix well. A few busy weekends followed and somehow it became the middle of October! If all goes well, I hope to record Ch 22 tomorrow.

- Erin
"No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally (and often far more) worth reading at the age of fifty."

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Sorry about all the sickness! That is never fun, I got a cold one weekend and then two weeks later again in the middle of 9 weeks of intensive classess I could not miss :roll:
~Tiffany
NoOtherName

Post by NoOtherName »

ErinS, I just wanted to encourage you in your recording of The Story of Rolf and the Viking's Bow. I was able to hear the first chapter and your voice is very pleasant to listen to. I also listened to the sample of the man whose recording is available from audible and my girls said they must preferred listening to your voice. I whole-heartedly agree and I was so excited to see that you appear to be nearing the end of your project! May God protect you and your family from illness and give you the time and grace you need to work on this in the midst of motherhood. Many thanks from four eager listeners!
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging note, and for taking the time to sign in and post it.

This has been a slow recording project -- partly because there has been a learning curve for me with the technology, partly because I had my first baby last year, and partly because I have too many creative hobbies and try to keep them all going at one time. But I've enjoyed working on it and have learned a lot. I write fiction myself, and I think the process of trying to read someone else's words is helping me as I try to develop my own storytelling voice.

Listening to audiobooks as a family is such a treat! My husband and I love to do so and look forward to when our daughter is old enough to participate too. I love the idea behind Librivox -- people who love books just reading for the joy of it -- and my life has been enriched by the books I've listened to here. Depending on how old your girls are, some of these titles might be for a later date, but a few of my favorites have been:
  • Mil Nicholson reading Charles Dickens
    Elizabeth Klett reading Jane Austen, Charlotte Bronte, and others
    Karen Savage, Adrian Praetzellis, Andy Minter, and Mark F. Smith all have recorded some lovely children's classics -- fun for kids and adults
So often when I appreciate something I find online I just appreciate it silently and anonymously and move on. It's easy in the online world to be only a spectator. Your kind words are a reminder to me to respond, thank, and encourage when something someone says or does online blesses me.

God's peace to you and your family!
Erin

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Chapter 22 is uploaded!

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
NoOtherName

Post by NoOtherName »

We rejoice at the news that ch. 22 has been uploaded! Thank you, Erin, for sharing your love for literature and God-given gift of elocution with us and the world. We also appreciate those recommendations you posted. We are grateful for Tiffany and the contribution she is making to this project as well. Many thanks from your cheerleaders!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Section 22 is PL OK!

Thanks for the encouragement :D
~Tiffany
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Chapter 23 is posted!

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

And is PL OK :thumbs:
~Tiffany
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

Chapter 24 is uploaded. (Slow and steady . . . )

Also -- I noticed that the links for Chapters 22 and 23 had somehow become switched in the Magic Window. I corrected them.

C.S. Lewis, On Stories
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Section 24 is PL OK! (....wins the race) :wink:
~Tiffany
ErinS

Post by ErinS »

I didn't mean to go two months without a post!

I have not been able to record recently, partially because the holidays were busy, partially because my voice has been icky this winter. No actual colds recently -- just ordinary winter dryness and drainage and such. But last time I set up to record I gave up after a half-hour of false starts.

Hoping to get a new recording made soon. In the meantime, I wanted to post to say "I'm still here." :-)

C.S. Lewis, On Stories