[SOLO] Handbook of Nature-Study Pt.2 ans

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
RuthP

Post by RuthP »

Happy to give up my requested section to you Jiliebean, sorry didn’t realise you were still working on it, just saw that it had been made a group project, think this happens when the soloist hasn’t been heard from for two months.
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

RuthP wrote: January 30th, 2020, 1:04 am Happy to give up my requested section to you Jiliebean, sorry didn’t realise you were still working on it, just saw that it had been made a group project, think this happens when the soloist hasn’t been heard from for two months.
I'm glad for you to take Section 33 if it's mine to give. I don't currently have access to the MW to put in claims. If I can still bc I'll put you down for it. I'm sure Anne will let us know soon enough.

Jill
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

RuthP wrote: January 30th, 2020, 1:04 am Happy to give up my requested section to you Jiliebean, sorry didn’t realise you were still working on it, just saw that it had been made a group project, think this happens when the soloist hasn’t been heard from for two months.
Thank you for your kindness - the soloist has requested to continue as a solo and as there had been no files added as a group project , I've made it a solo again . It is important that readers keep in touch on a regular basis, just so we know they are still interested.

Anne
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

annise wrote: February 5th, 2020, 7:43 pm
Thank you for your kindness - the soloist has requested to continue as a solo and as there had been no files added as a group project , I've made it a solo again . It is important that readers keep in touch on a regular basis, just so we know they are still interested.

Anne
Will do. Thank you Anne! :)

Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hello! Just wanted to check in and say I'm still working on this solo. Thanks!

Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Checking in again to say still at work on this solo -- hope to turn in a long-ago-recorded, newly-edited section soon!

Jill
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

thanks for the heads up

anne
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 56 is PL OK!
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hello! Just wanted to check in to say I'm still working on this solo. Hopefully I'll have some new sections soon. Thanks!

Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Hello! Checking in to say I'm still working on this project. Thanks!

Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

At long last after battling my new computer, Section 57 has been uploaded. Rapunzelina, will you let me know if it sounds too noisy? I lost all perspective after listening to it with different filters and couldn't remember how much noise is "noisy". Thanks for your help!

Jill :)
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Section 57 can be marked PL OK. The noise does not affect your reading; your voice is still heard clearly. I take it you are not using Audacity's Noise reduction feature?
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Rapunzelina wrote: January 11th, 2021, 3:51 am Section 57 can be marked PL OK. The noise does not affect your reading; your voice is still heard clearly. I take it you are not using Audacity's Noise reduction feature?
Thanks for the PL and feedback. I used to but now I use Adobe Audition. I had the noise reduction set up and figured out in Audition on my old computer but had challenges with getting it dialed in on my new computer. I'll try to get this cleaned up more or see if I can figure out why my original file sounded so noisy in the first place. Thanks again!

Jill
jillebean

Post by jillebean »

Still working on this project. Just wanted to check in.

Thanks! Jill