"Not long ago, having published two narratives of voyages in the Pacific, which, in many quarters, were received with incredulity, the thought occurred to me, of indeed writing a romance of Polynesian adventure, and publishing it as such; to see whether, the fiction might not, possibly, be received for a verity: in some degree the reverse of my previous experience...This thought was the germ of others, which have resulted in Mardi" (Herman Melville, Preface).
- Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.archive.org/details/mardiandvoyageth01melvrich
- Type of proof-listening required: Standard
Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!
- The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file: [/b]
No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
Start of recording (Intro)
- ""Chapter [number] of Mardi: and a voyage thither, Volume I, by Herman Melville. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
- "Mardi: a voyage thither, Volume I, by Herman Melville. [Chapter number, title]"
For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
- "Chapter [number] of Mardi: a voyage thither, Volume I, by Herman Melville. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
- If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
- Only if applicable, say:
- At the end of the section, say:
“End of [Chapter]"
- At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Mardi: a voyage thither, Volume I, by Herman Melville. "
There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
[*]Instructions for transfer of files (completed recordings)
Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
- Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread): http://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: availle - Availle
- If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.