[COMPLETE-HEBREW] Bible (Hebrew) 02: Exodus - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I know that this project is unique, but one does not usually approve one's own recording as Word Perfect PL OK.
Usually, no. But there have been cases where a DPL hasn't been found in some language, and the reader has gone back after a period of time and checked their own recording. It's rare, but not unprecedented. :)

I'm comfortable with that aspect of the PL'ing in this case. If the files are all OK in the Checker, then the only thing to be considered is the soloist's desire for an ear to check for any volume / quality fluctuations. If need be, I can run through them quickly myself for this.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: August 17th, 2020, 12:38 pm
I know that this project is unique, but one does not usually approve one's own recording as Word Perfect PL OK.
Usually, no. But there have been cases where a DPL hasn't been found in some language, and the reader has gone back after a period of time and checked their own recording. It's rare, but not unprecedented. :)

I'm comfortable with that aspect of the PL'ing in this case. If the files are all OK in the Checker, then the only thing to be considered is the soloist's desire for an ear to check for any volume / quality fluctuations. If need be, I can run through them quickly myself for this.
I'm happy to do the same, but I may just not have the ear for it. I'm pretty forgiving of tonal variations. Let me know what you'd like to do. I can always run the Checker program and leave the rest to someone else. I can check the intros and outros, too, as well as the required silences at front and back.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Let's see what Daria says, if this will be sufficient to her desires. :)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

I suspect I'm being too pedantic about it. Lately I've had a lot of "bed-rest" and have been on a binge of one of the best and prolific readers (both style and recording quality, but I won't mention her name). I noticed that she too made corrections in her recording, so the recordings aren't completely smooth. And yet, as much as I am sensitive to such issues - it didn't really bother me.
The other thing is that if I stick to my irrational standards, since I don't have the technical capability to smooth over completely the corrections following WP-PL, it will require recording again (and again) entire sections, and this project will never end :|
So I guess I'll go along with your (Kevin's and Tricia's) recommendations.
"When eating an elephant, take one bite at a time."
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

GrownupDaria wrote: August 19th, 2020, 6:50 am I suspect I'm being too pedantic about it. Lately I've had a lot of "bed-rest" and have been on a binge of one of the best and prolific readers (both style and recording quality, but I won't mention her name). I noticed that she too made corrections in her recording, so the recordings aren't completely smooth. And yet, as much as I am sensitive to such issues - it didn't really bother me.
The other thing is that if I stick to my irrational standards, since I don't have the technical capability to smooth over completely the corrections following WP-PL, it will require recording again (and again) entire sections, and this project will never end :|
So I guess I'll go along with your (Kevin's and Tricia's) recommendations.
Daria, all that you're doing sounds good to me. I think you will be proud of the contribution you are making.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I listened to 6, 7, and 12, not understanding it except a word here and there. :) Tone and volume were consistent throughout. Sounded good to me! Marked 'em PL OK.
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Thanks, Tricia.

I got delayed for a few weeks and then the government announced a general lockdown, meaning everybody's home and there is constant background noise so I'm unable to record for the time being. Can't say how long it might take. The lockdown is in effect until October 11th, but the stats are getting worse and they're talking about extending it further and imposing stricter measures :roll: )

Will keep you posted...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

GrownupDaria wrote: September 21st, 2020, 6:44 am Thanks, Tricia.

I got delayed for a few weeks and then the government announced a general lockdown, meaning everybody's home and there is constant background noise so I'm unable to record for the time being. Can't say how long it might take. The lockdown is in effect until October 11th, but the stats are getting worse and they're talking about extending it further and imposing stricter measures :roll: )

Will keep you posted...
We'll be here when things are better. Please stay safe!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No worries. Thanks for checking in! :)
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Still under lockdown... They eased it up a bit, but the schools and most workplaces are still closed, so everybody's still home around the clock. The prognosis is also not great, since in the first lockdown they eased up too quickly, spinning Covid almost out of control. So now they're talking about keeping grades 5-12 for months at home, and my son is the primary source for unexpected noises :hmm:

We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

GrownupDaria wrote: October 24th, 2020, 4:23 am Still under lockdown... They eased it up a bit, but the schools and most workplaces are still closed, so everybody's still home around the clock. The prognosis is also not great, since in the first lockdown they eased up too quickly, spinning Covid almost out of control. So now they're talking about keeping grades 5-12 for months at home, and my son is the primary source for unexpected noises :hmm:

We'll see how it goes. I'll keep you posted.
Stay safe! We'll be here when you find the opportunity to add more!
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Sorry, still stuck. Even between lockdowns, when it's tolerably quiet (the 3rd full lockdown, not counting the partial ones, starts on Sunday), I just can't bring myself to get going :|
It's really amazing how in the 3rd decade of the 2nd millenium, the world has gone berserk because of a pandemic. Daniel Defoe's 'A Journal of the Plague Year' feels more real than the surreal day-to-day (and Pamela Nagami signs off her recordings with "in the year of the Plague, 2020").
Ugh...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

GrownupDaria wrote: December 26th, 2020, 5:19 am Sorry, still stuck. Even between lockdowns, when it's tolerably quiet (the 3rd full lockdown, not counting the partial ones, starts on Sunday), I just can't bring myself to get going :|
It's really amazing how in the 3rd decade of the 2nd millenium, the world has gone berserk because of a pandemic. Daniel Defoe's 'A Journal of the Plague Year' feels more real than the surreal day-to-day (and Pamela Nagami signs off her recordings with "in the year of the Plague, 2020").
Ugh...
It's a very strange time.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for the update!
GrownupDaria

Post by GrownupDaria »

Tricia, good (no, excellent) news!

I've asked Jazzman to help out with this project, and he said YES!! He'll do the prooflistening, which means I won't prooflisten my own recordings.

How can we assign him as PL?

I've done the proof-listening of Sonateer's section 1 and sections 3, 4, 6 and 7 recorded by me. Should he PL again these sections? And either way - does it make him DPL?

Hooray!
D.